SSC CHSL LDC/ DEO/ PSA Practice Workbook – Practice Set 20
SSC CHSL Practice WorkbookSSC CHSL Previous PapersSSC CHSL Study Material
SSC CHSL Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level LDC & Data Entry Operator, Practice Workbook – Practice Set 20
Part I General Intelligence
Directions (Q- Nos. 1 and 2) In these questions, select the missing number from the given responses.
3. Introducing a man, a woman said, “His wife is the only daughter of my mother. How is the woman related with the man?
4. Two statements are given followed by four alternative conclusions. Select the one which is most appropriate.
All files are numbered.
All numbers are coded.
(a) All files are coded
(b) All codes are filed
(c) Some files are not numbered
(d) No numbers have codes
5. If T means ‘x’, U means -,V means ÷ and W means +, then what will be the value of the following expression.
(50 V 2) W (28 T 4)
6. In a row of trees one tree is the 7th from either end of the row. How many trees are there in the row?
Directions (Q.Nos. 7-9) Select the related letters/words/ numbers from the given alternatives.
7. FGHI: OPQR:; BCDE: ?
8. 6 : 64 :: 11 : ?
9. Writer : Pen :: ?
(a) Needle: Tailor
(b) Artist: Brush
(c) Painter: Canvas
(d) Teacher: Class
10. Deepa starts .walking Northwards and after a while, she turns to her right. After walking some distance, she turns to her left and walks a distance of one kilometer. She then turns to her left again. In which direction is she moving now?
Directions (Q.Nos. 11-13) Find the odd numbers/ letters/ words from the given alternatives.
14. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary.
1. Dissident 2. Dissolve 3. Dissent 5. Dissolution 4. Dissolute
(c) 3,1,4,2, 5
(d) 3, 2, 4, 5,1
15. .Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
Directions (Q. Nos. 16 and 17) A series is given, with one/two term(s) missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
16. reoc, pgme, nikg, lkii, ?
18. In a certain code RAIN is written as TCKP. How is CLOUD written in that code?
19. If PREMA is coded as 96731, how can RAMA be written in that code?
20. Find the odd figure from the given alternatives.
21.In these questions, select the missing figure from the given responses.
22.From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word. CONCENTRATION
23.In the following question, number of letters are skipped in between by a particular rule. Which of the following series observes the rule?
24. Five boys A, B, C, D and E are sitting in a park in a circle. A is facing South-West, D is facing South-East, B and E are right opposite A and D respectively and C is equidistant between D and B. Which direction is C facing?
25. Which of the following diagrams represents the relationship among Sun, Moon and Star?
Part II English Language
Directions (Q. Nos. 26-28) Choose the alternative which is opposite in meaning to the given word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 29-31) In the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filed in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four alternatives.
29. Did the boys turn___for football practice?
30. The fireman managed to put___the fire.
31. The pupil was asked to write___his name on the front page of the exercise book.
Directions (Q. Nos. 32-34) Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
32. High sea waves caused by underwater earthquake.
33. Code of diplomatic etiquette and precedence.
34. To renounce a high position of authority or control.
Directions (Q.Nos. 35-37) In the following questions, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part at (a),(b) and (c) which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, your answer is (d).
35. You should abstain to speak ill of others.
(a) to speaking
(b) from speaking
(c) to speak to
(d) No improvement
36. The price cannot be quoted except we are allowed to examine the sample.
(d) No improvement
37. If I hadn’t seen the car coming, I might have been killed.
(a) If I had seen the car coming
(b) When I hadn’t, seen the car coming
(c) Since I hadn’t, seen the car coming
(d) No improvement
Directions (Q.Nos. 38-47) In the following passage, some of the words have been left out First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about Then, fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given.
(38) the common (39) the ostrich does not bury its head in the sand to (40) danger. A ostrich can run (41) a speed of forty-five miles (42) hour kick powerfully and (43) aggressively (44) its beak. As the (45) and fastest bird in the world, it (46) need to (47) its head.
(a) In keeping with
(b) As per
(c) According to
(d) Contrary to
(c) more large
Directions (Q. Nos. 48-50) In these questions, four alternatives are suggested for the idiom/phrase given in bold in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
48. There was a job for me to cut my teeth on.
(a) to gain experience
(b) to try
(c) to sharpen my wits
(d) to earn a decent salary
49. The carrot and stick policy pays dividends in every organisation.
(a) fair and foul
(b) continuous vigilance
(d) reward and punishment
50. Unless you grease his palms, he will not do your work.
(a) talk to him
(b) flatter him
(c) beat him
(d) bribe him
Part III Quantitative Aptitude
51. A and B can do a job alone in 12 days and 15 days, respectively. A starts the work and after 6 days B also joins to finish the work together. For how many days B actually worked on the job?
52. Two pipes can fill a cistern separately in 24 min and 40 min, respectively. A waste pipe can drain off 30 L/min. If all the three pipes are opened, the cistern fills in one hour. The capacity (in litre) of the cistern is
53. A solid sphere of radius 1 cm is melted to convert into a wire of length 100 cm. The radius of the wire (using √3 = 1.732) is
(a) 0.08 cm
(b) 0.09 cm
(c) 0.16 cm
(d) 0.11 cm
54. A field is in the form of a rectangle of length 18 m and width 15 m. A pit, 7.5 m long, 6 m broad and 0.8 m deep, is dug in a comer of the field and the earth taken out is evenly spread over the remaining area of the field. The level of the field raised is
(a) 12 cm
(b) 14 cm
(c) 16 cm
55. The last digit, that is, the digit in the unit’s place of the number [(57)25 -1] is
56. A number N is a positive three digit number. If x is in its hundred’s place and y is in its unit’s place, then the number N-100x – y is always divisible by
57. A discount of 40% on the marked price of a trouser enables Ajit to purchase a shirt also which costs him Rs 320. How much did Ajit pay for the trouser?
(a) Rs 480
(b) Rs 540
(c) Rs 800
(d) Rs 400
58. The ratio of alcohol and water in 40 L of mixture is 5 :3.8 L of the mixture is removed and replaced with water. Now, the ratio of the alcohol and water in the resultant mixture is
(b) 1 :1
(c) 2 :1
(d) 1 : 3
59. Rama’s expenditure and savings are in the ratio 3:2. His income increases by 10%. His expenditure also increases by 12%. His savings increases by
60. 10 yr ago, the average age of P and Q was 20 yr. Average age of P, Q and R is 30 yr now. After 10 yr, the age of R will be
(a) 35 yr
(b) 40 yr
(c) 30 yr
(d) 45 yr
61.Rahim bought a gift item for Rs 510 after getting a discount of 15%. He, then sells it 5% above the marked price. The profit earned in this deal is
62.If x(3 – 2/x) = 3/x, x ≠ 0, then the value of x2 +1/x2 is
(a) 2 1/3
(b) 2 2/3
63. A shopkeeper marks his goods at 40% above their cost price. He is able to sell 3/4th of his goods at this price and the remaining at 40% discount. Assuming that the shopkeeper is able to sell all the goods he buys, find his loss or gain as per cent on the whole transaction.
(a) 20% loss
(b) 23% loss
(c) 26% gain
(d) 30% gain
64. Two numbers are 30% and 40% more than the third number respectively. The first number is x% of the second. Then, x is equal to
(a) 105 2/13
(c) 105 5/7
(d) 92 6/7
65. If a train runs at 40 km/h, it reaches its destination late by 11 min, but if it runs at 50 km/h, it is late by 5 min only. Find the correct time for the train to complete its journey
(a) 19 min
(b) 20 min
(c) 21 min
(d) 18 min
66. If tan θ . cos 60° =√3/2 then the value of sin (θ – 15°) is
67. AB is a diameter of a circle with centre at O. DC is a chord of it such that DC||AB. If ∠BAC = 20°, then ∠ADC is equal to
68. The tangents drawn at P and Q on the circumference of a circle intersect at A. If ∠PAQ = 68°, then the measure of the ∠APQ is
Directions (Q.Nos. 69 and 70) Study the following table and answer the questions.
Number of Students from Various Schools Playing Various Games (one student plays one game only)
69. The difference between the total number of students playing Basketball from all the schools and the total number of students playing Cricket from all the schools are
70. The number of students playing Football from School C is x per cent of the total number of students playing Football from all the schools, x equal to
(a) 19 7/9
(b) 19 4/9
(d) 20 2/9
71. If the square root of xis the cube root of y, then the relation between x and y is
(a) x3 = y2
(b) x2 = y3
(c) x = y
(d) x6 = y5
73. A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B in the ratio 7 :5. When 9L of mixture are drawn off and the can is filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7 :9. Litres of liquid A contained by the can initially was
74. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 :24 so that it becomes equal to 1:2?
(a) 5 is subtracted
(b) 10 is added
(c) 7 is added
(d) 10 is subtracted
75. A sum of money placed at compound interest doubles itself in 4 yr. In how many years will it amount to four times itself?
Part IV General Awareness
76. Sales Tax is an example of
(a) Corporate Tax
(b) Direct Tax
(c) Indirect Tax
(d) Welfare Tax
77. Which one of the following is the effective remedy to the evils of subdivision and fragmentation?
(a) Land reforms
(b) Tenancy rights
(c) Land ceiling
(d) Land consolidation
78. Where did the split between the Moderates and Extremists take place and in which year?
(a) Congress Session at Surat in 1907
(b) Congress Session at Bombay in 1885
(c) Congress Session at Calcutta in 1886
(d) Congress Session at Nagpur in 1920
79. Which Constitutional Amendment accorded a position of primacy to the Directive Principles of State Policy over the Fundamental Rights?
(a) 24th Amendment
(b) 30th Amendment
(c) 42nd Amendment
(d) 44th Amendment
80. Nagaland has common boundaries with the group of States of
(a) Arunachal Pradesh, Asom and Meghalaya
(b) Arunachal Pradesh, Asom and Manipur
(c) Asom, Meghalaya and Manipur
(d) Arunachal Pradesh, Asom and Mizoram
81. The Five Year Plan that gave priority to heavy industry was
82. Which of the following is called ‘Blue Planet’?
83. Which one of the following gland is responsible for secretion of sex hormones?
(a) Adrenal gland
(b) Thyroid gland
(c) Pituitary gland
(d) Sebaceous gland
84. Aurobindo Ghosh was arrested in connection with
(a) Alipore Bomb Case
(b) Kolhapur Bomb Case
(c) Lahore Conspiracy Case
(d) Kakori Case
85. For a ray of light to suffer total internal reflection it has to pass from
(a) glass to water
(b) water to glass
(c) air to water
(d) air to glass
86.If lime water is kept in the air, it turns milky due to presence of
(a) Carbon dioxide
(d) Sulphur dioxide
87. What are the signals that inform the operating system that some activity has taken place called?
88. ‘Manchester’ of South India is
89. Income and consumption are
(a) inversely related
(b) directly related
(c) partially related
90. Who is known as the ‘Indian Bismarck’?
(a) Vallabhbhai Patel
(b) Subhash Chandra Bose
(c) Bhagat Singh
(d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
91. Which one of the four regions above the Earth has smallest height (km)?
92. Which State of India shows the lowest population as per Census 2011?
93. Which one of the following ceased to be a Fundamental Right under the Constitution?
(a) Right to Education
(b) Right to Work
(c) Right to Property
(d) Right to Equality before Law
94. The members of the Rajya Sabha are elected for a term of
(a) Two years
(b) Four years
(c) Five years
(d) Six years
95. When was National Emergency imposed by the President of India on the grounds of internal disorder?
96. Which one of the following is an example for Monopoly?
(b) Indian Railways
(d) Hindustan Unilever Limited
97. The only Hindu courtier of Akbar who accepted Deen-e-Illahi was
(d) Man Singh
98. The Rama Krishna Mission was established by
(b) Rama Krishna
(d) Keshab Chandra Sen
99. Hydraulic machines work under the Principle of
(a) Newton’s Law
(b) Joules Law
(c) Pascal’s Law
(d) Floatation Law
100. Who has won the Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016?
(a) Todur Madabusi Krishna
(b) Bezwada Wilson
(c) Dompet Dhuafa
(d) All of these
Leave a Reply