SSC CHSL LDC/ DEO/ PSA Practice Workbook – Practice Set 28
SSC CHSL Practice WorkbookSSC CHSL Previous PapersSSC CHSL Study Material
SSC CHSL Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level LDC & Data Entry Operator, Practice Workbook – Practice Set 28
Part I General Intelligence
1. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
2. In the following question, a series is given with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given Ones that will complete the series.
3,15, 8, 24,15, 35, ?, 48, 35
3. From the given alternative words, select the word which can be formed using the letters of the given word. KNOWLEDGE
4. In the following question, select the missing number from the given responses.
Directions (Q.Nos. 5-7) In the following questions, select the one which is different from other three alternatives
8. Two statements is given followed by conclusions/inferences. You have to consider the’ statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions/inferences can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate your answer.
Statements All the watches sold in that shop are made of white metal. Some of Rico watches are sold in that shop. Inferences
I. All watches of white metals are manufactured by Rico.
II. Some of Rico watches are of white metal
III. None of Rico watches are of white metal.
IV. Some of Rico watches of white metal are sold in that shop.
(a) I and II inferences
(b) II and IV inferences
(c) I and III inferences
(d) I and IV inferences
9. Which one of the following diagrams represents the correct relationship among Society, Teacher and Student?
10. Which of the following number is present only in the circle and the triangle?
Directions (Q. Nos. 11-13) Select the related word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
11. PNS : OOT :: DBH : ?
13. Sepal: Flower::
(a) Foot: Ball
(b) Tyre: Bicycle
(c) Puppy: Dog
(d) Sandals: Shoes
14. One statement is given followed by two Assumptions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate your answer. Statement Some people and uneducated and therefore, superstitious.
Assumptions I Education increases rational thinking.
II. Some people do not go to schools.
(a) Only Assumption I is implicit
(b) Only Assumption II is implicit
(c) Both Assumptions I and II are implicit
(d) Neither Assumption I nor II is implicit
15. If in a certain code DICKINSON is written as 357950210 and DIPP is written as 3566, then how can PICNIC be written in the same code?
16. Given below are capital letters in the first line and symbols in the second line. Symbols and letters are codejor each other: Choose the correct code for given letters.
17. A man starts walking towards East. After walking 75 m, he hums to his left and walks 25 m straight. Again he turns to the left walks a distance of 40 m straight again turns to the left and walks a distance of 25 m. How far is he from the starting point?
(a) 35 m
(b) 50 m
(c) 140 m
(d) 115 m
18. The ratio of the present ages of Sunita and Vinita is 4:5.6 yr hence, the ratio of their ages will be 14:17. What will be the ratio of their ages 12 yr hence?
(b) 13 :15
(d) 17 :19
19. In the following series, how many FNU occur in such a way that N is in the middle and F and U are adjacent to it on both sides?
U H G N U F U F N U N F T F N U I J K N F N U T
20. From his house, Ram went 15 km to the North. Then, he turned to his left and covered 10 km. Then, he again turned to his left and covered 5 km. Finally turning to the East, he covered 10 km. In which direction is he from his house?
21. How many triangles are there in the given figure?
(d)19 or more
22. If + stands for division; x stands for addition; – stands for multiplication; ÷ stands for subtraction, which of the following is correct?
(a) 15 ÷ 5 x 2 – 6 + 3 = 28
(b) 15 x 5 +2 – 6 ÷ 3= 56.5
(c)15 + 5 – 2 ÷ 6 x 3 = 3
(d) 15 – 5 + 2 x 6 ÷ 3 = 41
23. If Development is written as Tnemdevelop, then Evaluation will be written as
24. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary.
1. Recollect 2. Remember
3. Report 4. Repeat
(a) 1,3, 2, 4, 5
(b) 3, 2,1,4,5
(c)5, 3,4, 2,1
(d) 1,2, 5, 4, 3
25. A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first-by its row and next by its column, e.g., ‘D’ can be represented by 14, 23, etc., and ‘J’ can be represented by 67, 78, etc. Similarly, you have to identify the set for the given word.
(a) 59, 69, 77, 67
(b) 65, 97, 95, 98
(c) 96, 55, 86, 76
(d) 79, 75, 63, 48
Part II English Language
Directions (Q. Nos. 26-30) Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.
The common people have a way of laughing at their own misfortunes. They can also laugh at their oppressors. Satire became a habit with them while they groaned under the oppression of kings, priests and plutocrats. In contemporary India, the politician and the bureaucrat are the ones they take their revenge upon. There is much humour in Indian proverbs. Even the Gods are not spared. There is a special form of worship called ninda stuti, praise by dispraise.
Real humour in India, as elsewhere, is contained within the different languages and it is difficult for Indians of one region to understand the humour of another. India is also by tradition a class-ridden and hierarchical society. Excessive reverence is shown to elders and to those in authority, though this may be changing. Sons and daughters don’t usually joke with their parents and vice versa; a boss can’t afford to be seen in a mood of levity with his employees; the landlord wouldn’t dream of sharing a joke with his peasant labourers. The path to wit and humour is strewn with pitfalls. With Indian intellectuals, solemnity is a motto. Many of them wouldn’t be seen dead with a joke. And the higher they go in the cerebral scale, the drier they become.
26. Who becomes drier in the matter of wit?
(a) The greater intellectual
(b) The lesser intellectual
(c) The commoner
(d) An employee
27. Who laughs at their own misfortunes?
28. Cerebral scale means
(a) a device to measure height
(b) a device to measure intelligence
(c) intellectual ability
(d) head massager
29. Whom do the commoners laugh at?
30. Who does not oppress the commoner?
Directions (Q.Nos. 31-34) Choose the correct option to improve the bold part
31. The workers looked run down.
(d) No improvement
32. The relatives comforted the old man whose wife had died,
(a) sympathised with
(d) No improvement
33. They obtained the top-secret information by wrong means,
(d) No improvement
34. His speech was broadcasted over the radio last Thursday,
(a) was broadcast
(b) had been broadcast
(c) has been broadcast
(d) No improvement
Directions (Q. Nos. 35-37) Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
35. To strain every nerve
(a) To make utmost efforts
(b)’To feel weak and tired
(c) To be a diligent worker
(d) To be methodical in work
36. To flog a dead horse
(a) To whip a dead horse
(b) To attempt to ride
(c) Waste one’s efforts
(d) To take advantage of a Weakness
37. To feather one’s nest
(a) To make a residential house
(b) Something that lasts for a short time
(c) To profit in a dishonest way
(d) None of the above
Directions (Q. Nos. 38-40) Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is your answer. If a sentence is free from error, your answer is (d)i.e., No error.
38. The Arabian Nights (a) /are indeed (b) / an interesting book, (c) / No error (d)
39. When I went there (a) / Charles is playing (b) / a game of chess, (c) / No error (d)
40. Of all the models (a) / Jessica is (b) / the more good-looking one. (c) / No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 41 and 42) Find the correctly spelt word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 43-45) Some sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s).
43. The Paraolympics is a competition for the___
44. Do you prefer___or traditional art forms?
45. The farmers ___their farms. If they had known that a thunderstorm was approaching.
(a) will leave
(b) would leave
(c) will have left
(d) would have left
Directions (Q.Nos. 46-48) Choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
Directions (Q.Nos. 49 and 50) Choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
49. A person who has no money to pay off his debts
50. One who compiles a dictionary
Part III Quantitative Aptitude
51.In the given figure, L1|| L2 and ∠A = 65°. Then, ∠C is
53. In the adjoining figure, ABCD is a rhombus. If ∠A = 70°, then the value of ∠CDB is
54.If sin A : cos A=4:7,then 7 sin A-3 cos A/7 sin A+2 cos A is equal to
55. The vertices of a triangle sure A (3,8), B (-4,2) and C (5, -1). The area of Δ ABC is
(a) 28 1/2 sq unit
(b) 37 1/2 sq unit
(c) 57 sq unit
(d) 75 sq unit
56. The value of tanl°tan2°tan3°… tan89° is
57. The shadow of a building Standing on a level ground is found to be 40 m longer when the sun’s altitude becomes 30° from 45°. Find the height of the tower.
(a) 46.634 m
(b) 50.645 m
(c) 54.645 m
(d) 55.636 m
58.If x + y + z = 0, then (x2 + xy + y2) is equal to
(a) (y2 + yz+ z2)
(b) (y22 -yz+ z2)
(c) (z2 – zx + x2)
(d) (z2 + zx + x2)
59. If a = 1, b = 2 and c = 3, then the value of
60. Arrange the following fractions in decreasing order 7/12,11/18 and 5/8
(a) 5/8,11/18 and 7/12
(b) 7/12,11/18 and 5/8
(c) 11/18,5/8 and 7/12
(d) 12/7,11/18 and 5/8
61. Find the smallest number which is exactly divisible by 6, 8 and 9 and is also a perfect square
63.X is 3 times as fast as Y and is able to complete the work in 40 days less than Y. Then, the time in which they can complete the work together, is
(a) 15 days
(b) 10 days
(c) 7 1/2 days
(d) 5 days
64.In what ratio must a grocer mix two varieties of tea costing Rs 15 and Rs 20 per kg respectively, so as to get a mixture worth Rs 16.50 per kg?
(a)3 : 7
(c) 7 : 3
(d) 7 : 5
65.A train moves with a speed of 30 km/h for 12 min and for next 8 min at a speed for 45 km/h. The average speed of the train is
(a) 37.5 km/h
(b) 36 km/h
(c) 48 km/h
(d) 30 km/h
66.The average weight of A, B, C and D is 40 kg. A new person E is also included in the group, then the average weight of the group is increased by 1 kg. Again, a new person F replaces A, then the new average of 5 persons becomes 42. The average weight of B, C, D and F is
(a) 42 kg
(b) 41.25 kg
(c) 42.5 kg
(d) None of these
67.Find compound interest on Rs 10000 at 10% per annum for 2 yr and 3 months, compounded annually
68.The curved surface area of a cone of height equal to 4/3 times of radius and radius equal to 6 cm, is
(a) 188.5 cm2
(b) 180.6 cm2
(c) 184.8 cm2
(d) None of these
69.A vessel is in the form of right circular cylinder mounted on a hemisphere. If the radius of hemisphere is 7 cm and the total height of vessel is 13 cm. The surface area of vessel is
(a) 762 cm2
(b) 768 cm2
(c) 726 cm2
(d) 780 cm2
70.Two right circular cones are melted to form a sphere dimensions of cones are h = 4.1 cm, r = 2.1 cm and h = 4.3 cm, r = 2.1 cm. The surface area of sphere is
(a) 56.77 cm2
(b) 57.44 cm2
(c) 55.44 cm2
(d) None of the above
72. In the adjoining figure, Δ ABC is an isosceles triangle with AB = AC and ∠ABC = 50°. Then, find the measure of ∠BDC.
73. The traffic lights at three different road crossings change after 24 s, 36 s and 54 s respectively. If they all change simultaneously at 10:15:00 am, then at what time will they again change simultaneously?
(a) 10 :16 : 54 am
(b) 10:18: 36 am
(c) 10:17:02 am
(d) 10 :22 :12 am
74.Avnish purchased a number of articles at Rs 10 for each and the same number for Rs 14 each. He mixed them together and sold them for Rs 13 each. Then, his gain or loss per cent is
(a) 8 1/3% loss
(b) 8 2/3% gain
(c) 8 2/3% loss
(d) 8 1/3% gain
75.The square root of (√3+√2/√3-√2) is
(a) √3 + √2
(b) √3 – √2
(c) √2 ± √3
(d) √2 – √3
Part IV General Awareness
76.British Crown assumed sovereignty over India from the East India Company in the year
77.Who succeeded Guru Nanak?
(a) Guru Angad
(b) Guru Ramdas
(c) Guru Arjan
(d) Guru Hargobind
78.Who betrayed Siraj-ud-Daula in the Battle of Plassey in 1757?
79. Panchayati Raj is organised at the
(a) village level
(b) village and block level
(c) village, block and district level
(d) village, block, district and state level
80. Which right in India is a Constitutional Right but not a Fundamental Right
(a) Right to Freedom of Religion
(b) Cultural and Educational Right
(c) Right Against Exploitation
(d) Right to Property
81. The chief advocate of Fascism was
(b) Adolf Hitler
(c) St. Simon
(d) Robert Owen
82. Sunda Trench is in
(a) Indian Ocean
(b) Pacific Ocean
(c) Atlantic Ocean
(d) Gulf of Mexico
83. Which of the following is an organic rock?
84. Hydraulic action is a type of erosion caused by
(a) running water
(d) None of these
85. The plant from which cocoa and chocolate are obtained is a
(c) small tree
(d) very big tree
86. Light from the Sun reaches us in nearly
(a) 8 min
(b) 2 min
(c) 6 min
(d) 4 min
87. If only a part of the labour force employed by a firm Can be dismissed at anytime and without pay, the total wages and salaries paid by the firm must be considered
(a) a variable cost
(b) a fixed cost
(c) partly a fixed and partly a, variable cost
(d) Neither a fixed cost nor a variable cost
88. Which of the following systems is based on the principle of surplus value?
89. Conversion of starch to sugar is essential for
(a) stomatal opening
(b) stomatal closing
(c) stomatal formation
(d) stomatal growth
90. Natural sources of air pollution are
(a) forest fires
(b) volcanic eruptions
(c) dust storm
(d) smoke from burning dry leaves
91. Which of the following Genetically Modified vegetable is recently being made available in Indian market?
92. In galvanization, iron is coated with
93. Which one of the following is also known as solution?
(a) A compound
(b) A homogeneous mixture
(c) A heterogeneous mixture
(d) A suspension
94. The cells which are closely associated and interacting with guard cells are
(a) Transfusion tissue
(b) Complementary cells
(c) Subsidiary cells
(d) Hypodermal cells
95. Vermicomposting is done by
96. If waste materials contaminate the source of drinking water, which of the following diseases will spread?
97. The metal used for making aircrafts and rockets is
98. Which vein brings clean blood from the lungs into the heart?
(a) Renal Vein
(b) Pulmonary Vein
(c) Vena Cava
(d) Hepatic Vein
99. Unix operating system is generally known as
(a) Multi User Operating System
(b) General Application
(c) Single User Operating System
(d) Single User Application Program
100. Jaspal Rana is the name associated with which of the following games?
(a) Weight lifting
Leave a Reply