SSC CHSL LDC/ DEO/ PSA Practice Workbook – Practice Set 25
SSC CHSL Practice WorkbookSSC CHSL Previous PapersSSC CHSL Study Material
SSC CHSL Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level LDC & Data Entry Operator, Practice Workbook – Practice Set 25
Part I General Intelligence
Directions (Q.Nos. 1 and 2) Select the related letters/ numbers from the given alternatives.
1. 9 : 50 :: ?
2. MIKE : OGMC :: CIAD : ?
3. In the following questions select the related word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
Optimist: Cheerful:: Pessimist: ?
4. Which one of the given responses would be a meaningful order of the following?
1. Crop 2. Root
3. Stem 4. Seed
(a) 4.2, 3, 5,1
(b) 2, 4, 5,1, 3
(c) 2,3, 5,1,4
(d) 2.3, 4,1, 5
5. A is the brother of B, B is the daughter of C and D is the father of A. Then, how is C related to D?
6. In the following series, how many KGN occur in such a way that ‘G’ is in the middle and ‘K’ and ‘N’ are adjacent to it on both sides?
A K G L M N D Q K G C S N G K T G K G N D Z P U X G K E
7. From the given alternative words, select the word which can be formed using the letters of the given word. DEMOCRACY
8. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
ipi_upog_pig_pogi_ _ g
Directions (Q. Nos. 9 and 10) In the following questions, a series is given, with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
9. SHG, RIF, QJE, PKD, ?
10. 7, 8, 18, 57, ?, 1165
Directions (Q.Nos. 11-13) Find the odd numbers/ letters/word from the given alternatives.
13. 32,13, 51, 24, 46, 20, 72, 45
14. Some equations are solved on the basis of a certain system. On the same basis find out the correct answer for the unsolved equation.
4-5-1 = 514, 3-5-6 = 563,0-6-8 = ?
Directions (Q- Nos. 15 and 16) Select the missing number from the given responses.
17. Two statements are given followed by two Conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions can definitely be drawn from the given statements.
Statements All poets are day dreamers.
All painters are day dreamers.
Conclusions I. All painters are poets.
II. Some day dreamers are not painters.
(a) Only II follows
(b) Neither I nor II follows
(c) Only I follows
(d) Both I and II follow
18. Vijay travelled 12 km Southward, then turned fight and travelled 10 km, then turned right and travelled 12 km. How far was Vijay from the starting point?
(a) 22 km
(b) 44 km
(c) 12 km
19. A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., E can be represented by 02, 43, 68 etc., and N can be represented by 21,65,95 etc. Similarly, you have to identify the number set for the word given below.
(b) 88, 57, 69, 32
(d) 88, 78,99, 89
20. In the given figure, which letter represents those Actors who are also Dancers, Singers as well as Violinists?
21. Six students A, B, C, D, E, F are sitting on the ground. A and B belong to Ruby House, while the rest belong to Emerald House. D and F are tall, while others are short C and D are wearing glasses, while others are not wearing. Which girl of Emerald House is tall and is wearing glass?
22. Identify which one of the given alternatives will be another member of the group of that class? Lucknow, Patna, Bhopal, Jaipur
23. If in a certain code INTELLIGENCE is written as ETNIGILLECNE, then how can MATHEMATICAL be written in the same code?
24. Given below are capital letters in the first line and symbols in the second line. Symbols and letters are codes for each other. Choose the correct code for the given letters.
(a)| ÷ + ≠||
(b)|÷ x #||
25. Mr. Mani’s age is 47 yr and John’s age is 13 yr. In how many years will Mr. Mani’s age be double of John’s age?
Part II English Language
Directions (Q. Nos. 26-30) You have a brief passage with five questions. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.
Freedom has assuredly given us a new status and new opportunities. But it also implies that we should discard selfishness, laziness and all narrowness of outlook. Our freedom suggests toil and creation of new values for old ones. We should so discipline ourselves as to be able to discharge our new responsibilities satisfactorily.
If there is any one thing that needs to be stressed more than any other in the new set-up. it is that we should put into,action our full capacity, each one of us in productive effort – each one of us in his own sphere, however humble.
Work, unceasing work, should now be our watch-word. Work is wealth and service is happiness. Nothing else is. The greatest crime in India today is idleness. If we root out idleness, all our difficulties, including even conflicts, will gradually disappear.
26. What has freedom undeniably offered to the citizens of : India?
(a) New responsibilities
(b) New values
(c) New opportunities
(d) New outlook
27. One thing needs to be stressed more than anything else in this new set-up. It is that people should
(a) work to their full capacity
(b) substitute old values with new ones
(c) discard narrowness of outlook
(d) discipline themselves suitably
28.___work should be the motto of our citizens.
29. Nothing else can give us joy except
30. Anyone can free himself from the clutches of difficulties, if he
(a) discards idleness
(b) discharges his obligations
(c) eliminates narrow outlook
(d) fulfils his responsibilities
Directions (Q. Nos. 31-33) In the following questions, find out which part of a sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from error, your answer is (d).
31. Pacific ocean is (a)/the deepest ocean (b)/in the world. (c)/No error (d)
32. You will come (a)/to my sister’s wedding tomorrow (b)/isn’t it? (c)/No error (d)
33. I am (a)/your’s (b)/affectionate son. (c)/No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 34-36) In these questions, choose the word similar in meaning to the given word.
Directions (Q.NOS. 37-46) In the following passage, some of the words have been left out First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about. Then, fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given.
Of all the psychological problems (37) face the aged, the most (38) are perhaps isolation and the (39) for adaptability. In addition to. (40) handicaps and the diminishing number (41) social roles that are commonly (42) to the old, the aged (43) to cope with loss of the (44) career, standard of living, (45) and above all, people. The gloomy (46) through the obituaries for yet another friend who has gone is bad enough : the death of a spouse is often a blow from which the aged do not recover. The ability to come to terms with these changes is vitally important.
Directions (Q. Nos. 47 and 48) In the following questions four words are given, out of which only one word is correctly spelt Find the correctly spelt word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 49 and 50) Out of the four alternatives choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
49. One who is out to destroy the government.
50. One who loves all mankind.
Part III Quantitative Aptitude
51. If x² + x = 5, then the value of(x + 3)³ +(x + 3)³
Directions (Q.Nos. 52 and 53) Study the following bar diagram and answer the questions.
52. The maximum difference in the units consumption between these two years has been found in the month of
53. In how many months in 2012, the consumption of electric units was more than the average units consumption in that year?
54. AB and CD are two parallel chords of circle lying on the opposite side of the centre and the distance between them is 17 cm. The length of AB and CD are 10 cm and 24 cm, respectively. The radius (in cm) of the circle is
55. If A, B and C can complete a work in 6 days. If A can work twice faster than B and thrice faster than C, then the number of days C alone can complete the work is
56. A farmer travelled a distance of 61 km in 9 h. He travelled partly on foot at the rate of 4 km/h and partly on bicycle at the rate of 9 km/h. The distance travelled on foot is
(a) 14 km
57. The perimeter of one face of a cube is 20 cm. Its volume will be
(a) 400 cm³
(b) 125 cm³
(c) 625 cm³
(d) 100 cm³
58. If the area of a circle is A, radius of the circle is r and circumference of it is C, then
59. The market price of a watch was Rs 720. A man bought the same for Rs 550.80 after getting two successive discounts, the first being 10%. The second discount rate is
60. If sinθ + sin²θ = 1, then cos²θ + cos4θ is equal to
61. If xcosθ – sinθ = 1, then x2 – (1 + x2)sinθ equals
62. 18 yr ago, the ratio of A’s age to B’s age was 8 :13. Their present ratios are 5: 7. What is the present age of A?
(a) 70 yr
(b) 60 yr
(d) 50 yr
63. In certain years a sum of money is doubled itself at 6 1/4% simple interest per annum, then the required time will be
64. 729 mL of a mixture contains milk and water in the ratio 7 : 2. How much more water is to be added to get a new mixture containing milk and water in the ratio 7:3?
(c) 71 mL
(d) 81 mL
65. What is the Arithmetic mean of the first n natural numbers?
66. A tap can empty a tank in 30 min. A second tap can empty it in 45 min. If both the taps operate simultaneously, how much time is needed to empty the tank?
(a) 30 min
(b) 14 min
(c) 15 min
(d) 18 min
67. In a parallelogram PQRS, angle P is four times of angle Q, then the measure of ∠R is
68. The maximum value of sin4θ + cos4θ is
69. A shopkeeper bought 30 kg of rice at the rate of Rs 70 per kg and 20 per kg of rice at the rate of Rs 70.75 per kg. If he mixed the two brand of rice and sold the mixture of Rs 80.50 per kg, his gain is
70.Find the square root of
71.Given that, x3 + y3 = 72 and xy = 8 with x > y. Then, the value of x – y is
72.The measures of two angles of a triangle is in the ratio 4: 5. If the sum of these two measures is equal to the measure of the third angle. Find the smallest angle.
73. If two medians BE and CF of a triangle ABC, intersect each other at G and if BG = CG, ∠BGC = 60° and BC = 8 cm, then area of the triangle ABC is
(a) 48 cm2
(b) 64√3 cm2
(c) 96√3 cm2
(d) 48√3 cm2
74. Cost price of 100 books is equal to the selling price of 60 books. The gain percentage/loss percentage is
Part IV General Awareness
76.Iron filings can be separated from a heterogenous mixture using the technique of
77.Which was the first linguistic state to be created?
(c) Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh
78.Who built the famous Shiva temple at Ellora?
(a) Chalukyan King Pulikeshi II
(b) Rashtrakuta Ruler Krishna I
(c) Mauryan Emperor Ashoka
(d) Gupta King Samudra Gupta
79.World wild life fund was founded in
80.Mixed Economy means
(a) co-existence of small and large industries
(b) promoting both agriculture and industries in the economy
(c) co-existence of public and private sectors
(d) co-existence of rich and poor
81.In which of the Round Table Conference Mahatma Gandhi participated?
(a) First Round Table Conference, 1930
(b) Second Round Table Conference, 1931
(c) Third Round Table Conference, 1932
(d) All of the above
82.The first Bio-sphere Reserve in India has been established in
(d) Nanda Devi
83.Transpiration increases in
(a) cool, dry and still condition
(b) hot, dry and windy condition
(c) hot, damp and windy condition
(d) cool, damp and windy Condition
84.Which of the following Scientist proved that the path of each planet around the Sun is elliptical?
85. Amino acids are required for the synthesis of
86. Who discovered the link between electricity and magnetism?
(a) Michael Faraday
87. Christmas factor is involved in
(b) blood coagulation
88. Where did the Black-hole tragedy took place?
89. Who composed the Allahabad pillar inscription?
90. Earth day is celebrated on
(a) 16 February
(b) 4 April
(c) 22 April
(d) 17 September
91. Kimono is a dress style of which Asian Country?
92. All forms of ROM are also known as
93. Planck’s constant has the dimensions of
(c) linear momentum
(d) angular momentum
94. By whom was the autonomous investment separated from induced investment?
(a) Adam Smith
(d) Joan Robinson
95. Which of the following phenomenon helps to conclude that fight is a transverse wave?
96. Minamata disease is caused by pollution of water by
(d) methyl isocyanate
97. What is Kyoto Protocol?
(a) It is an agreement among countries to take steps for reducing global warming
(b) It is an agreement among countries to take steps for reducing acid rain
(c) It is an agreement among countries to take steps for planting trees to control pollution
(d) It is an agreement among countries to start using nuclear energy
98. Which Article of the Indian Constitution deals with Election Commission?
(a) Article 324
(b) Article 352
(c) Article 356
(d) Article 360
99. Which of the following Scientist proved that the path of each planet around the Sun is elliptical?
100. Narayana Murthy has been appointed as the Director of which organisation?
Leave a Reply