SSC CHSL LDC/ DEO/ PSA Practice Workbook – Practice Set 22
SSC CHSL Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level LDC & Data Entry Operator, Practice Workbook – Practice Set 22
Part I General Intelligence
1. Find out the set of numbers amongst the four sets of numbers given in the alternatives which is most like the set given in the question.
Given set (8, 56, 72)
(a) (7, 56, 63)
(c) (6, 42, 54)
(d) (5, 30, 35)
2. Rahul and Robin are brothers. Pramod is Robin’s father. Sheela is Pramod’s sister. Prema is Pramod’s niece. Shubha is Sheela’s granddaughter. How is Rahul related to Shubha?
3. Mr. and Mrs. Gopal have 3 daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many persons are there in the family?
Directions (Q. Nos. 4-6) Find the odd letter/figure/word from the given alternatives.
7. From the given alternative words, select the word which can be formed using the letters of the given word. MANUFACTURE
Directions (Q.Nos. 8-10) Select the related letter/word/number from the given alternatives.
8. Saw : Carpenter :: Scissors : ?
9. ACDF : MOPR:: TVWY : ?
10. 5:30: : 7 : ?
11. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary.
I. Critical II. Criterion III. Crisis IV. Crisp
(a) III, IV, II, I
(b) I, III, IV, II
(c) III, IV, I, II
(d) IV, III, I, II
12. If P stands for -, Q stands for x, R stands for ÷ and S stands for +, then what is the value of the given equation?
14 Q 3 P 12 S 4 R 2 = ?
Directions (Q.Nos. 13 and 14) Select the missing number from the given responses.
15. Ramesh walked 3 km towards West and turned to his left and walked 2 km. He, then turned to his right and walked 3 km. Finally, he turned to his right again and walked another 2 km. In which direction is Ramesh from his starting point now?
Directions (Q.Nos. 16-17) A series is given with one/two term(s) missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
16. MNOABCPQRDEFST ? ?
17. 34, 18, 10, ?
18. In a class Rajan got the 11th rank and he was 31st from the bottom of the list of boys passed. Three boys did not take the examination and one failed. What is the total strength of the class?
19. Two statements are given followed by two Conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate your answer.
Statements Some politicians are social workers.
All doctors are social workers.
I. Some doctors are politicians.
II. Some social workers are doctors as well as politicians.
(a) Only Conclusion I follows
(b) Both Conclusions I and II follow
(c) Only Conclusion II follows
(d) Neither Conclusion I nor II follows
20. Identify the diagram that best represents the relationship among classes given below.
Tigers, Lions, Animals
21. In a certain code GARNISH is written as RGAINHS. How will GENIOUS be written in that code?
22. If ROME is written as MORE, then DARE is written as
23.A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in anyone of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., A can be represented by 01,14 etc., and O can be represented by 59, 67 etc. Similarly, you have to identify the set for the word. PEARL
(a) 00,66,14, 32, 56
(b) 12, 88, 43, 32, 89
(c) 13,77,30,14, 88
(d) 00, 55, 22,11,96
24. Seven persons A, B, C, D, E, F and G are standing in a straight line.
D is to the right of G.
C is between A and B.
E is between F and D.
There are three persons between G and B.
Who is at the extreme left?
25. In a certain code, 253 means ‘books are old’, 546 means ‘man is old’ and 378 means ‘buy good books’.
What stands for ‘are’ in that code?
Part II English Language
Directions (Q. Nos. 26-28) Choose the alternative which is opposite in meaning to the given word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 29-31) In these questions, choose the word similar in meaning to the given word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 32-34) Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
32. Speed of an object in one direction.
33. Theft of another person’s writings or ideas and passing them off as one’s own.
34. The study of insects.
Directions (Q. Nos. 35-37) In the following questions, find out which part of a sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from error,your answer is (d).
35. I will send my servant, (a)/but I can not insure (b) that he will reach there in time, (c)/ No error (d)
36. The lawyer asked the complainant (a)/to put his sign (b)/on the paper. (c)/No error (d)
37. When you have gone through the papers (a)/kindly return them (b)/to us. (c)/No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 38-47) In the following passage, some of the words have been left out Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer to each question out of the four alternatives.
There are a number of (38) reasons not to travel by a public transport. There is the (39) of the time-table. Then, there are (40) about getting a seat, waiting at bus-stops and so on. Yet, there are deeper reasons why many of us (41) away from public transport. Each of us has our own set of (42) and opinions against public transport. (43) we are all slaves to advertisements. Car advertisements (44) the notion of freedom. Motorcycles are offered as a way to (45) our lost youth. (46) there is this feeling that we must have our own
transport, (47) the cost.
(a) On the contrary
(a) As a result
(a) how much
Directions (Q. NOS. 48-50) In the following questions, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part at (a),(b) and (c) which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed,your answer is (d).
48. When are you starting to write to your friend?
(d) No improvement
49. I prefer to ride than to walk.
(a) ride to walk
(b) riding than walking
(c) riding to walking
(d) No improvement
50. I have not finished to paint the door.
(b) the paint of
(c) the painting
(d) No improvement
Part III Quantitative Aptitude
51.If the sum of two numbers be multiplied by each number separately, the products so obtained are 247 and 114. The sum of the numbers is
52. √ 6 + √ 6 + √ 6 +… is equal to
53. The square root of(√3+√ 2/√ 3-√ 2 )is
(a)√3 + √2
(b)√3 – √2
(c)√2 ± √3
(d)√2 – √3
54. The remainder when 321 is divided by 5 is
55. A can do a work in 12 days. When he had worked for 3 days, B joined him. If they complete the work in 3 more days, in how many days can B alone finish the work?
56. A copper wire is bent in the shape of a square of area 81 cm2. If the same wire is bent in the form of a semicircle, the radius (in cm) of the semicircle is(take π=22/7 )
57. The volume (in m³) of rain water that can be collected from 1.5 hectare of ground in a rainfall of 5 cm is
58. The mean of 50 numbers is 30. Later it was discovered that two entries were wrongly entered as 82 and 13 instead of 28 and 31. Find the correct mean.
59. A shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% to his customers and still gains 20%. Find the marked price of the article which costs Rs 450.
60. If 90% of A = 30% of B and B = 2x% of A, then the value of x is
61. If the price of sugar is raised by 25%, find by how much per cent a householder must reduce his consumption of sugar so as not to increase his expenditure?
62. A man can row 6 km/h in still water. If the speed of the current is 2 km/h, it takes 3 h more in upstream than in the downstream for the same distance. The distance is
(a) 30 km
(b) 24 km
(c) 20 km
(d) 32 km
63. Krishna purchased a number of articles at Rs 10 for each and the same number for Rs 14 each. He mixed them together and sold them for Rs 13 each. Then, his gain or loss per cent is
(a)loss 8 1/3%
(b)gain 8 2/3%
(c)loss 8 2/3%
(d)gain 8 1/3%
64. A trader bought two horses for Rs 19500. He sold one at a loss of 20% and the other at a profit of 15%. If the selling price of each horse is the same, then their cost prices are respectively
(a) Rs 10000 and Rs 9500
(b) Rs 11500 and Rs 8000
(c) Rs 12000 and Rs 7500
(d) Rs 10500 and Rs 9000
65. The difference between the compound interest and simple interest on Rs 10000 for 2 yr is Rs 25. The rate of interest per annum is
Directions (Q. Nos. 66 and 67) The following graph shows the demand and production of cotton by 5 Companies A, B, C, D and E. Study the graph and answer the questions given below.
66. The demand for Company B is what per cent of the demand for Company C?
67. What is the ratio of companies having more demand than production to those having more production than demand?
(b) 4 :1
(d) 1 : 4
68. If x:y = 5:6,then(3x2 – 2y2):(y2 – x2)is
(b) 11: 3
69. An alloy contains copper, zinc and nickel in the ratio of 5:3:2. The quantity of nickel in kilogram that must be added to 100 kg of this alloy to have the new ratio 5:3:3, is
70. O is the circumcentre of ΔABC. If ∠BAC = 85°, ∠BCA = 75°, then∠OAC is equal to
71. O is the in centre of ΔPQR and ∠QPR = 50°, then the measure of ∠QOR is
72. ABCD is a cyclic quadrilateral. Diagonals AC and BD meets at P. If ∠APB = 110° and ∠CBD = 30°, then ∠ADB measures
73. If tan A + cot A = 2, then the value of tan10 A + cot10 A is
74. The value of the following is
cos24° + cos55° + cos 125° + cos204° + cos300°
75. If secθ + tanθ/secθ – tanθ = 2 51/79, then the value of sin θ is
Part IV General Awareness
76. The excess of total expenditure over revenue receipts and non-debt type of capital receipts is called
(a) Financial deficit
(b) Fiscal deficit
(c) Cash deficit
(d) Credit deficit
77. Money supply in an economy is determined by the
(c) Central Bank
(d) Commercial Banks
78. Underemployment occurs when people
(a) do not want to Work
(b) are not paid for their work
(c) are working less than their capacity
(d) are working in a lazy manner
79. Street-lighting provided by a government is a part of
(a) social service
(d) None of these
80. How many members are nominated by fife President to the Lok Sabha to represent the Anglo-Indian community?
81. Which Constitutional Amendment Act added Fundamental Duties in the Constitution?
82. Ashoka’s inscriptions and edicts were written in
83. Akbar was the first Mughal ruler who introduced
(a) administrative reforms
(b) land and revenue reforms
(c) social reforms
(d) military reforms
84. Who passed the Widow Remarriage Act?
(a) William Bentinck
85. Name the Ashram established by Gandhiji.
(a) Swaraj Ashram
(b) Sabarmati Ashram
(c) Bharat Ashram
(d) Congress Ashram
86. English education in India was officially introduced in the year
87. Where is India’s Forest Research Institute located?
88. Simlipal Biosphere Reserve is located in
(c) Paschim Banga
89. One important source of raw material for paper industry is
90. Small liquid drops assume spherical shape because of
(b) gravitational force
(c) equal pressure from all sides
(d) surface tension
91. The wave that cannot be transmitted through vacuum is
(a) light wave
(b) heat wave
(c) sound wave
(d) electromagnetic wave
92. Which lens is required in Astigmatism?
93. Which of the following substances has no definite melting point?
94. A system that uses people, hardware, software and network resources to collect, transform and disseminate information within an organization is called
(a) Information Technology
(b) Information Enterprise
(c) Information Manager
(d) Information System .
95. Curdling of milk is an example of
96. Terylene is a condensation polymer of ethylene glycol and
(a) benzoic acid
(b) salicylic acid
(c) terephthalic acid
(d) acetic acid
97. Gir forest has a good number of
98. The technique used for prevention of soil erosion is
(a) rotation of crops
(c) humus restoration
99. As per results of Legislative Assembly elections declared on 13th May, 2011, the TMC with its leader Mamata Banerjee defeated and ended the Left’s over three decades rule in West Bengal by sweeping the polls with
(a) 2/3rd majority
(b) 3/4th majority
(c) 4/5th majority
(d) 5/eth majority
100. In September, 2016, which award ceremony was held over two nights in the recognition of Television Arts and Sciences at Los Angeles?
(a) 68th Bafta TV awards 2016
(b) 68th British Academy Television Awards
(c) 68th National Television Awards
(d) 68th Emmy Awards