NEET AIPMT Chemistry Chapter Wise Solutions – Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
NEET AIPMT Chemistry Chapter Wise SolutionsPhysicsBiology
1. The most suitable method of separation of 1 : 1 mixture of ortho and para-nitrophenols is (NEET 2017, 1999, 1993)
(c) steam distillation
2. The IUPAC name of the compound (NEET 2017)
3. The correct statement regarding electrophile is (NEET 2017)
(a) electrophile is a negatively charged species and can form a bond by accepting a pair of electrons from another electrophile
(b) electrophiles are generally neutral species and can form a bond by accepting a pair of electrons from a nucleophile
(c) electrophile can be either neutral or positively charged species and can form a bond by accepting a pair of electrons from a nucleophile
(d) electrophile is a negatively charged species and can form a bond by accepting a pair of electrons from a nucleophile.
4. Which among the given molecules can exhibit tautomerism? (NEET II 2016)
(a) III only
(b) Both I and III
(c) Both I and II
(d) Both II and III
5. Which of the following biphenyls is optically active? (NEET I 2016)
7. Which of the following statements is not correct for a nucleophile? (2015)
(a) Ammonia is a nucleophile.
(b) Nucleophiles attack low density sites.
(c) Nucleophiles are not electron seeking.
(d) Nucleophile is a Lewis acid.
8.Which of the following is not the product of (2015)
9.Treatment of cyclopentanonemethyl
lithium gives which of the following species? (2015, Cancelled)
(a) Cyclopentanonyl radical
(b) Cyclopentanonyl biradical
(c) Cyclopentanonyl anion
(d) Cyclopentanonyl cation
10. The total number of tt-bond electrons in the following structure is (2015, Cancelled)
11. Which of the following species contains equal number of σ- and π-bonds? (2015, Cancelled)
12.Given (2015, Cancelled)
Which of the given compounds can exhibit tautomerism?
(a) II and III
(b) I, II and III
(c) I and II
(d) I and III
13. Which of the following is the most correct electron displacement for a nucleophilic reaction to take place? (2015, Cancelled)
14. In Duma’s method for estimation of nitrogen, 0.25 g of an organic compound gave 40 mL of nitrogen collected at 300 K temperature and 725 mm pressure. If the aqueous tension at 300 K is 25 mm, the percentage of nitrogen in the compound is (2015, Cancelled)
15. Consider the following compounds :
Hyperconjugation occurs in (2015, Cancelled)
(a) III only
(b) I and III
(c) I only
(d) II only.
16. The enolic form of ethyl acetoacetate as shown below has (2015, Cancelled)
(a) 9 sigma bonds and 2 pi-bonds
(b) 9 sigma bonds and 1 pi-bond
(c) 18 sigma bonds and 2 pi-bonds
(d) 16 sigma bonds and 1 pi-bond.
17.In which of the following compounds, the C—Cl bond ionisation shall give most stable carbonium ion? (2015, Cancelled)
18.In the Kjeldahl’s method for estimation of nitrogen present in a soil sample, ammonia evolved from 0.75 g of sample neutralized 10 mL of 1 M H2S04. The percentage of nitrogen in the soil is (2014)
19. The radical,
is aromatic becauseit has (NEET 2013)
(a) 7 p-orbitals and 7 unpaired electrons
(b) 6 p-orbitals and 7 unpaired electrons
(c) 6 p-orbitals and 6 unpaired electrons
(d) 7 p-orbitals and 6 unpaired electrons.
20. The structure of isobutyl group in an organic compound is (NEET 2013)
21.Structure of the compound whose IUPAC name is 3-Ethyl-2-hydroxy-4-methylhex-3-en- 5-ynoic acid is (NEET 2013)
22.Some meta-directing substituents in aromatic substitution are given. Which one is most deactivating? (NEET 2013)
(a) — COOH
(b) — N02
(c) — C ≡ N
(d) — S03H
23. Arrange the following in increasing order of stability (Karnataka NEET 2013)
24. What is the hybridisation state of benzyl carbonium ion (Karnataka NEET 2013)
25. Nitrogen detection in an organic compound is carried out by Lassaigne’s test. The blue colour formed corresponds to which of the following formulae? (Karnataka NEET 2013)
26.Homolytic fission of the following alkanes forms (Karnataka NEET 2013)
27. Among the following compounds the one that is most reactive towards electrophilic nitration is (2012,1992)
(a) benzoic acid
28. Which nomenclature is not according to IUPAC system? (2012)
29.Considering the state of hybridization of carbon atoms, find out the molecule among the following which is linear? (2011)
(a) CH3 – CH=CH – CH3
(c) CH2=CH – CH2 – C≡CH
(d) CH3 – CH2 – CH2 – CH3
30.Which one of the following is most reactive towards electrophilic reagent? (2011,2010)
31. The correct IUPAC name for the compound (2011)
32. In Dumas’ method of estimation of nitrogen 0.35 g of an organic compound gave 55 mL of nitrogen collected at 300 K temperature and 715 mm pressure. The percentage composition of nitrogen in the compound would be (aqueous tension at 300 K = 15 mm), (2011)
33. Which one is a nucleophilic substitution reaction among the following? (2011)
34. The Lassaigne’s extract is boiled with conc. HN03 while testing for halogens. By doing so it (2011)
(a) decomposes Na2S and NaCN, formed
(b) helps in the precipitation of AgCl
(c) increases the solubility product of AgCl
(d) increases the concentration of N03– ions
35. Which of the following compounds undergoes nucleophilic substitution reaction most easily? (mains 2011)
36. The IUPAC name of the following compound is (Mains 2011, 1998)
(c) trans-3 -iodo-4-chloro-3 -pentene
37. Which of the following species is not electrophilic in nature? (Mains 2010)
38. The IUPAC name of the compound CH3CH=CHC≡CH is (Mains 2010)
39. The IUPAC name of the compound having the formula CH≡C—CH=CH2 is (2009)
40. Base strength of (2008)
is in the order of
(a) (i) > (iii) > (ii)
(b) (i) > (ii) > (iii)
(c) (ii) > (i) > (iii)
(d) (iii) > (ii) > (i)
41. Which one of the following is most reactive towards electrophilic attack? (2008)
42. The stability of carbanions in the following
is in the order of (2008)
(a) (iv) > (ii) > (iii) > (i)
(b) (i) > (iii) > (ii) > (iv)
(c) (i) > (ii) > (iii) > (iv)
(d) (ii) > (iii) > (iv) > (i)
43. CH3 – CHCl – CH2 – CH3 has a chiral centre. Which one of the following represents its R-configuration? (2007)
44. For (i) I– , (ii) Cl–, (iii) Br–, the increasing order of nucleophilicity would be (2007)
(a) Cl– < Br– < I–
(b) I– < Cl–< Br–
(c) Br– <Cl– <I–
(d) I– <Br–<Cl–
45. The order of decreasing reactivity towards an electrophilic reagent, for the following would be
(iv) phenol (2007)
(a) (ii) > (iv) > (i) > (iii)
(b) (iv) > (iii) > (ii) > (i)
(c) (iv) > (ii) > (i) > (iii)
(d) (i)> (ii)> (iii)> (iv)
46. The general molecular formula, which represents the homologous series of alkanols is (2006)
47. The IUPAC name of (2006)
(a) 1 -chloro-1 -oxo-2,3-dimethylpentane
(b) 2-ethyl-3-methylbutanoyl chloride
(c) 2,3-dimethylpentanoyl chloride
(d) 3,4-dimethylpentanoyl chloride.
48. Names of some compounds are given. Which one is not in IUPAC system? (2005)
49. Which of the following undergoes nucleophilic substitution exclusively by SNl mechanism? (2005)
(a) Ethyl chloride
(b) Isopropyl chloride
(d) Benzyl chloride
50. The chirality of the compound (2005)
51. Which amongst the following is the most stable carbocation? (2005)
52. Which one of the following pairs represents stereoisomerism? (2005)
(a) Structural isomerism and geometrical isomerism
(b) Optical isomerism and geometrical isomerism
(c) Chain isomerism and rotational isomerism
(d) Linkage isomerism and geometrical isomerism.
53. The best method for the separation of naphthalene and benzoic acid from their mixture is (2005)
54. The – OH group of an alcohol or the – COOH group of a carboxylic acid can be replaced by – Cl using (2004)
(a) phosphorus pentachloride
(b) hypochlorous acid
(d) hydrochloric acid.
55. The molecular formula of diphenyl methane,
How many structural isomers are possible when one of the hydrogen is replaced by a chlorine atom? (2004)
56. Name of the compound given below is (2003)
57. Which one of the following orders of acid strength is correct? (2003)
(a) RCOOH > ROH > HOH > HC ≡ CH
(b) RCOOH > HOH > ROH > HC ≡ CH
(c) RCOOH > HOH > HC ≡ CH > ROH
(d) RCOOH > HC ≡ CH > HOH > ROH
58. The percentage of C, H and N in an organic compound are 40%, 13.3% and 46.7% respectively then empirical formula is (2002, 1999, 1998)
59. IUPAC name of the following is CH2 = CH – CH2 – CH2 – C ≡ CH (2002)
60. Geometrical isomers differ in (2002)
(a) position of functional group
(b) position of atoms
(c) spatial arrangement of atoms
(d) length of carbon chain.
61. Which of the following is incorrect? (2001)
(a) FeCl3 is used in detection of phenol.
(b) Fehling solution is used in detection of glucose.
(c) Tollen’s reagent is used in detection of unsaturation.
(d) NaHS03 is used in detection of carbonyl compound.
62. The incorrect IUPAC name is (2001)
63. In steam distillation of toluene, the pressure of toluene in vapour is (2001)
(a) equal to pressure of barometer
(b) less than pressure of barometer
(c) equal to vapour pressure of toluene in simple distillation
(d) more than vapour pressure of toluene in simple distillation.
64. Which one of the following orders is correct regarding the – I effect of the substituents? (1998)
65. The following reaction is described as (1997)
66. Tautomerism is exhibited by(1997)
67. Which of the following technique is most suitable for purification of cyclohexanone from a mixture containing benzoic acid, isoamyl alcohol, cyclohexane and cyclohexanone? (1997)
(d) IR spectroscopy
68. The number of isomers in C4H10O will be (1996)
69. The IUPAC name of (CH3)2CH – CH2 – CH2Br is (1996)
70. Which of the following is used as an antiknocking material? (1996)
(d) Ethyl alcohol
71. In which of the following compounds there is more than one kind of hybridization (sp, sp², sp³) for carbon? (1995)
(a) CH2 = CH – CH = CH2
(b) H – C ≡ C – H
(d) CH3-CH = CH – CH3
72. The IUPAC name for (1995)
73. Which of the following statements is not correct? (1993)
(a) Double bond is shorter than a single bond.
(b) Sigma bond is. weaker than a π (pi) bond.
(c) Double bond is stronger than a single bond.
(d) Covalent bond is stronger than hydrogen bond.
74. When the hybridization state of carbon atom changes from sp³ to sp² and finally to sp, the angle between the hybridized orbitals (1993)
(a) decreases gradually
(b) decreases considerably
(c) is not affected
(d) increases progressively.
75. Which of the following fertilizers has the highest nitrogen percentage? (1993)
(a) Ammonium sulphate
(b) Calcium cyanamide
(d) Ammonium nitrate
76. The restricted rotation about carbon carbon double bond in 2-butene is due to (1993)
(a) overlap of one s and sp²-hybridized orbitals
(b) overlap of two sp²-hybridized orbitals
(c) overlap of one p and one sp²-hybridized orbitals
(d) sideways overlap of two p-orbitals.
77. A is a lighter phenol and B is an aromatic carboxylic acid. Separation of a mixture of A and B can be carried out easily by using a solution of (1992)
(a) sodium hydroxide
(b) sodium sulphate
(c) calcium chloride
(d) sodium bicarbonate.
78. 2-Methyl-2-butene will be represented as (1992)
79. The IUPAC name of (1992)
(b) 4-hydroxy-2-methylpent-2-en-1 al
80. Isomers of a substance must have the same (1991)
(a) structural formula
(b) physical properties
(c) chemical properties
(d) molecular formula.
81. Which of the following is the most stable carbocation (carbonium ion)? (1991)
82. In sodium fusion test of organic compounds, the nitrogen of the organic compound is converted into (1991)
(b) sodium cyanide
(c) sodium nitrite
(d) sodium nitrate.
83. The shortest C-C bond distance is found in (1991)
84. A sp³ hybrid orbital contains (1991)
(a) 1/4 s-character
(b) 1/2 s-character
(c) 1/3 s-character
(d) 2/3 s-character.
85. A straight chain hydrocarbon has the molecular formula C8H10. The hybridization of the carbon atoms from one end of the chain to the other are respectively sp³, sp², sp², sp³, sp², sp², sp and sp. The structural formula of the hydrocarbon would be (1991)
(a) CH3C ≡ CCH2 – CH = CHCH = CH2
(b) CH3CH2 – CH = CHCH = CHC ≡ CH
(c) CH3CH = CHCH2 – C ≡ CCH = CH2
(d) CH3CH = CHCH2 – CH = CHC ≡ CH
86. Kjeldahl’s method is used in the estimation of (1990)
87. An organic compound X (molecular formula C6H7O2N) has six carbon atoms in a ring system, two double bonds and a nitro group as substituent, X is (1990)
(a) homocyclic but not aromatic
(b) aromatic but not homocyclic
(c) homocyclic and aromatic
(d) heterocyclic and aromatic.
88. Which one of the following can exhibit cis-trans isomerism? (1989)
(b) H – C ≡ C – Cl
(c) ClCH = CHCl
89. Which of the following possesses a sp-carbon in its structure? (1989)
(a) CH2= CCl-CH = CH2
(b) CCl2 = CCl2
(c) CH2 = C = CH2
(d) CH2 = CH – CH = CH2
90. Cyclic hydrocarbon ‘A’ has all the carbon and hydrogen atoms in a single plane. All the carbon -carbon bonds have the same length, less than 1.54 Å, but more than 1.34 Å. The bond angle will be (1989)
91. Lassaigne’s test is used in qualitative analysis to detect (1989)
(d) all of these.
92. How many chain isomers could be obtained from the alkane C6H14? (1988)
93. The Cl-C-Cl angle in 1, 1, 2, 2- tetrachloroethene and tetrachloromethane respectively will be about (1988)
(a) 120° and 109.5°
(b) 90° and 109.5°
(c) 109.5°and 90°
(d) 109.5° and 120°.
Leave a Reply