SSC CHSL LDC/ DEO/ PSA Practice Workbook – Practice Set 7
SSC CHSL Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level LDC & Data Entry Operator, Practice Workbook – Practice Set 7
Part I General Intelligence
Directions (Q. Nos. 1-3) Select the related words/letters/ numbers from the given alternatives.
1. 1, 2, 4,7:3, 4, 6, 9 : : ? : 2, 3, 5, 8
(a) 0, 1,3, 6
(b) 2, 4, 5, 8
(c) 1,3, 4, 7
(d) 3, 5, 6, 8
2. ACFJ : ZXUQ :: DFIM : ?
3. Stammering : Speech :: Deafness : ?
Directions (Q.Nos. 4-6) Select the one which is different from the other three responses.
7.Which one of the given responses would be a meaningful order of the following words in ascending order?
1. Yearly 2. Fortnightly
3. Monthly 4. Daily
(a) 5, 2, 3, 4,1
(b) 4, 5, 2, 3, 1
(c) 2, 5, 4, 3,1
(d) 1,4, 5, 3, 2
8. Pointing to a girl in a bus, a man tells his friend, “She is the daughter of the only son of my father’s wife”. How is the girl related to the man?
9. From the given alternatives, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word. HISTORICAL
10. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
KLM_, KL_N, K_MN, _LMN
11. Some equations are solved on the basis of a certain system. On the same basis, find out the correct answer for the unsolved equation.
8 x 7 x 5 = 578;
11 x 10 x 9 = 91011;
3 x 1 x 2 = 213;
7 x 4 x 2 = ?
Directions (Q. Nos. 12 and 13) Select the missing number from the given responses.
14. Which interchange of signs will make the following equation correct?
(16 – 4) x 6 ÷ 2 + 8 = 30
(a)÷ and –
(b) 4 and 2
(c)- and +
(d) 16 and 6
Directions (Q. Nos. 15 and 16) Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
15. AZBY, CXDW, EVFU, ?
16. 24, 29,39,?,74
17. A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., A can be represented by 00, 13 and T can be represented by 56, 68, 86 etc. Identify the set for the word. TEMPT
(a) 56, 43, 32, 97, 10
(b) 89, 43, 40, 12, 44
(c) 10, 75, 32, 96, 78
(d) 78, 11, 12, 96, 10
18. Which one of the following diagrams best depicts the relationship among Sparrows, Birds and Mice?
19. X stands for +, Z stands for ÷, Y stands for – and P stands for x, then what is the value of 10 P 2 x 5Y5?
20. If FIREWOOD is written as ERTFDOOW, howls FRACTION written as?
21. Two statements are given followed by four Conclusions I, II, III and IV. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follow from the given statements. Indicate your answer.
Statements Some teachers are students.
All students are girls.
I. All teachers are girls.
II. Some girls are teachers.
III. Some girls are students.
IV. All students are teachers.
(a) Only I follows
(b) I, II and III follow
(c) II and III follow
(d) All follow
22. Anita drives from point A towards North and travels 30 km. She then turns to her right and travels 4 km and then again turns to the right and drives straight for 30 km. How much distance she has to cover to go straight to the starting point?
(a) 26 km
(b) 8 km
(c) 22 km
(d) 4 km
23. A group of alphabets are given with each being assigned a number. These have to be unscrambled into a meaningful word and correct order of letters may be indicated from the given responses.
R T E F A
1 2 3 4 5
(c) 5, 4, 1,3, 2
(d) 5, 4, 2, 3, 1
24. There are five friends Suresh, Kaushal, Madhur, Amit and Ramesh. Suresh is shorter than Kaushal but taller than Ramesh. Madhur is the tallest. Amit is a little shorter than Kaushal but little taller than Suresh. If they stand in the order of their heights, who will be the shortest?
25. A solid cube of 4 inches has been painted Red, Green and Black on pair of opposite faces. It has then been cut into one inch cubes. How many cubes have only four faces painted?
Part II English Language
Directions (Q. Nos. 26-28) In the following questions, find out which part of a sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from error, your answer is (d).
26. Everyone are expected (a)/to come (b)/to school tomorrow (c)/No error (d)
27. My father (a)/retumed back(b)/to Chennai yesterday (c)/No error (d)
28. Nalini says (a)/she is living in Chennai (b)/since 1991 (c)/ No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 29-31) Choose the alternative which is opposite in meaning to the given word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 32-34) In these questions, choose the word similar in meaning to the given word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 35-37) In the following questions, four words are given, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word.
Directions (Q.Nos. 38-47) In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about. Then fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given.
Broadly speaking letters may be said to (38) into two classes, the formal and (39). Formal letters (40) of official or business matters and are (41) to an employer, officials of a department or institutions. Letters to the (42) of a newspaper also belong to this class. In fact, all (43) using formal pattern is of this category. The (44) has to be precisely stated. It must be (45) in style and Quite (46). No (47) elements has any place in it.
Directions (Q. Nos. 48-50) In the following questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
48. A person employed as a car driver for an important person
49. Walking in sleep
50. A particular method of working
(b) Knack if
(c) Working pattern
(d) Modus operandi
Part III Quantitative Aptitude
51. 2 men and 3 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 3 men and 2 boys can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can 2 men and 1 boy do the work?
52. A sofa-set is marked at Rs 20000. The shopkeeper allows successive discounts of 10%, 5% and 2% on it. What is the net selling price?
53.The ratio of father’s age to his son’s age is 7 : 3. The product of their age is 756. The ratio of their ages after 6 yr will be
(b) 5 : 2
(c) 11 :7
55.A trader allows 10% discount on market price and gains 25%. If the market price of the article is Rs 50, what is its cost price?
56.A sells an article to B at a profit of 20%. B sells it to C at a profit of 10%. How much per cent will C pay more than what A pays?
57.Three-fifth of two-third of three-seventh of a number is 150. What is 60% of that number?
58.A certain company has 80 engineers. If the engineers constitute 40% of its workers, then the number of people employed in the company is
59.A train 150 m long passes a tree in 12 s. It will pass a tunnel of 250 m long in
(a) 20 s
(b) 25 s
(c) 32 s
(d) 26 s
60.In how many years shall Rs 2500, invested at the rate of 8% simple interest-per annum, amount to Rs 3300?
(d) 4 1/2
61.A horse is tied with a rope of length 7 m at one comer of a square field having side equal to 10 m. The minimum possible area of the square field that is left ungrazed is (take π=22/7)
(a) 65.1 m²
(c) 56.1 m²
(d) 51.6 m²
62.The number of bricks required for a wall which is 8 m long,6 m high and 22.5 cm thick, if each brick measures 25 cm x 11.25 cm x 6 cm, is
63.A chord of length 16 cm is at a distance of 6 cm the centre of a circle. The radius of the circle is
(a) 8 cm
64.In a triangle, distances from centroid to vertices are respectively 4 cm, 6 cm and 8 cm. Find medians.
(a) 16 cm, 4 cm, 18 cm
(b) 4 cm, 6 cm, 8 cm
(c) 6 cm, 9 cm, 12 cm
(d) 20 cm, 21 cm, 25 cm
65.The numerical values of
Directions (Q.Nos. 66 and 67) Study the following bar-diagram carefully and answer questions given below.
66. The sum of the students passed from University B in years 2003, 2005 and 2006 combined together is
67. The ratio between the number of students passed from University A in the year 2007 and that from University B in 2004 is
(a) 5 : 4
(b) 5 : 3
(c) 5 : 6
(d) 3 : 5
68. If 3x + 1/2x = 5, then the value of 8x³ + 1/27x³ is
(a) 118 1/2
(b) 30 10/27
69. The value of sin 39°/cos 51°+ 2 tan 11° tan 31° tan 45° tan 59° tan 79° – 3 (sin²21° +sin²69°)is
70. A fruit seller makes a profit of 20% by selling mangoes at a certain price. If he charges Rs 1 more for each mango, he can make a profit of 40%. Find the selling price of a mango in the first case.
(a) Rs 6
(b) Rs 5
(c) Rs 5.50
(d) Rs 7
72. If the cost price of 15 tables be equal to the selling price of 20 tables, the lost per cent is
73. If cos²θ/cot²θ-cos²θ = 3 and 0° <θ< 90°, then the value of θ is
(d) None of these
74. Measure of each interior angle of a regular polygon can never be
75. If A = tan 11° tan 29°, B = 2 cot 61° cot 79°, then
(a) A = 2B
(b) A = -2B
(c)2A = B
(d)2A = -B
Part IV General Awareness
76. Seeds are not enclosed in fruits in
77. DNA in a cell is a
(a) amino acid
(b) fatty acid
(c) carboxylic acid
(d) nucleic acid
78. ‘Purna Swaraj’ was announced in the Indian National Congress Session of
79. Sahara Desert is in the continent of
80. The density of water is greater than the density of kerosene. If the two are mixed
(a) kerosene dissolves in water
(b) they mix uniformly
(c) water floats on kerosene
(d) kerosene floats on water
81. Din-I-Ilahi was founded by
(a) Shah Jahan
(b) Guru Nanak Dev
82. Which of the following is usually not an air pollutant?
(a) Nitrous oxide
(c) Sulphur dioxide
(d) Carbon dioxide
83. GNP differs from NNP due to
(a) Interest on public debt
(c) Net indirect taxes
(d) Direct taxes
84. Which one of the following is used in making pencils?
(a) Black ash
(d) Bone black
85. The rootless plant is
86. Disguised unemployment means
(a) insufficiency of capital structure to absorb the large labour force
(b) more people working, than required
(c) willing to work and not getting the work
(d) not getting work on all days throughout the year
87. Highest coffee growing state in India is
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Uttar Pradesh
88. London is situated on the banks of river
(a) depreciation of the fixed assets
(b) increase in the currency value in terms of foreign currency
(c) reduction in the external value of currency
(d) fall in valuation of the essentials in an economy
90.The first Muslim Woman ruler of India was
(a) Begum Hazarat Mahal
(d) Razia Sultana
91.The lines joining places of equal values of horizontal component of Earth’s magnetic field are called
(a) Aclinic lines
(b) Isoclinic lines
(c) Isogonic lines
(d) Isodynamic lines
92.What kind of data can you send by e-mail?
(d) All of these
93.Banana is a
94.Free and compulsory education for all children is provided until they attain the age of
(a) 21 yr
(b) 14 yr
(c) 16 yr
(d) 18 yr
95. Which country is the largest producer of raw jute?
96. Fundamental Rights are borrowed from the Constitution of
97. ‘Statue of Liberty’ is the National Emblem of
98. The medicinal plant used in preparations for skin care is
99. Soda ash is the name for
(a) Sodium carbonate
(b) Hydrated sodium carbonate
(c) Sodium hydroxide
(d) Anhydrous sodium carbonate
100. What is the name of the book written by Vice-President Mohd. Hamid Ansari released by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on September 23, 2016?
(a) Culture-and Unity
(b) Indian and Society
(c) Family and Society
(d) Citizen and Society