SSC CHSL LDC/ DEO/ PSA Practice Workbook – Practice Set 17
SSC CHSL Practice WorkbookSSC CHSL Previous PapersSSC CHSL Study Material
SSC CHSL Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level LDC & Data Entry Operator, Practice Workbook – Practice Set 17
Part I General Intelligence
Directions (Q.Nos. 1-3) Select the related word/ letters/number from the given alternatives.
1. Wood : Paper :: Steel: ?
2. 7: 28:: 2:?
3. RAT : TAR :: PIT : ?
Directions (Q,Nos. 4-6) Select the one which is different from the other three responses.
7. From the given alternatives, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word. CELEBRATION
8. Umesh is taller than Satish, Suresh is shorter than Neeraj but taller than Umesh. Who is the tallest among them?
9. Two statements are given followed by two Conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even, if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follow from the given statements indicate your answer. Statements All players are educated.
All educated are cultured.
Conclusions I. All players are cultured.
II. All cultured persons are players.
(a) Only Conclusion I follows
(b) Only Conclusion II follows
(c) Both Conclusions I and II follow
(d) Neither Conclusion I nor II follows
10. A man goes 5 km East, then he turns right and goes 4 km, then he turns left and goes 5 km. Which direction is he facing now?
11. If in a certain code language NOITCELES represents SELECTION, then what will AIDNI represent?
12. A piece of paper is folded and punched as shown below in the question figures. From the given answer figures, indicate how it will appear when opened?
13. In the question, which one of the given responses would be a meaningful order of.the following words in ascending order?
1. Plastering 2. Painting 3. Foundation 4. Walls 5. Ceiling
(a) 1,2, 3, 4, 5
(b) 3, 4,1,2,5
(c) 3, 4, 5, 1,2
(d) 5, 4, 3, 2,1
14. Select the correct combination of mathematical signs to replace * signs and to balance the given equation.
28 *4*9* 16
(a) ÷ + =
(b) + ÷ =
(c) – x +
(d) – = x
Directions (Q.Nos. 15 and 16) In these questions, find the missing number from the given responses.
17. Savitha introduced a boy as the son of the only daughter of the father of her maternal uncle. How is boy related to Savitha?
Directions (Q. Nos. 18 and 19) In these questions, choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
19. ACE, BDF, CEG, ?
20. Find the wrong number in the given number series.
2,10, 30, 68, 120, 222
21. In the following question a word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., F can be represented by 14, 21 etc., and E can be represented by 20, 32 etc. Identify the set for the word. FIRE
(a) 21, 22, 88, 33
(b) 14,10, 69, 14
(c) 33, 34, 76, 22
(d) 02, 03, 57, 01
22. Which one of the following diagrams best depicts the relationship among people, women and mothers?
23. If the following words ale arranged according to English Dictionary, which word will be on third place?
24. Five persons A, B, C, D and E are sitting in a row facing you such that D is on the left of C and B is on the right of E. A is on the right of C and B is on the left of D. If E occupies a corner position, then who is sitting in the centre?
25. Select the answer figure in which the question figure is hidden/embedded.
Part II English Language
Directions (Q. Nos. 26 and 27) In the following questions sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four alternatives.
26. He said I___use his car whenever I wanted.
27. He will not work___he is compelled.
Directions (Q. Nos. 28-30) Choose the alternative which is opposite in meaning to the given word.
(c) Wind speed
Directions (Q. Nos. 31-33) In the following questions, find out which part of a sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from error, your answer is (d).
31. He asked me (a)/when could I finish (b)/the work. (c)/No error (d)
32. Neither of them (a)/are (b)/good. (c)/No error (d)
33. Due to me being a new comer (a)/I was unable (b)/to get good house. (c)/No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 34-36) In the following questions, four words are given, out of which only one word is correctly spelt Find the correctly spelt word.
Directions (Q.NOS. 37-46) In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about. Then, fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given.
Any regular viewer of programmes on the television will certainly have some reservations about commercials. When television shows are (37) good, the commercials that (38) them are a disgrace. One of the many bad (39) of commercials is their loudness. They seem to be (40) as loud as the programme and the viewer is almost (41) when they come on. Any attempt (42) conversation during commercials is futile. Commercials also take up too much time and (43) too often.The impression one (44) gets is that the shows are sandwiched in (45) long periods of advertising all of it the same. Often commercials (46) a show at a particularly inappropriate time.
(b) is repeated
(d) are repeated
(c) use to
(d) used to
Directions (Q. Nos. 47 and 48) In these questions, choose the word similar in meaning to the given word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 49 and 50) Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
49. A medicine to nullify the effect of poison.
50. An assembly of worshippers.
Part III Quantitative Aptitude
51. If 21 is added to a number, it becomes 7 less than thrice of the number. Then, the number is
52. If 4x=18y then the value of (x/y-1)is
53. BC is the chord of a circle with centre O. A is a point on major arc BC as shown in the above figure. What is the value of ∠BAC+∠OBC=?
54. Two circles with radii 5 cm and 8 cm touch each other externally at a point A. If a straight line through the point A
cuts the circles at points P and Q respectively, then AP: AQ is
55. The external bisectors of ∠B and ∠C of ΔABC meet at point P.If Δ BAC=80°,then ∠ BPC is
57. If tan(x + y) tan (x — y) =1, then the value of tan (2x/3)is
58. A rail road curve is to be laid out on a circle. What radius should be used if the track is to change direction by 25° in a distance of 40 m?
(c) 89.64 m
(d) 93.64 m
Directions (Q.Nos. 59-61) Read, the given information carefully and the questions given below.
Population of five adjacent areas of a town, in the year of 2010, are represented in the following pie-chart. The ratio of the numbers of males to that of females in these areas are stated in the table below. The total of the population in all the five areas is 72 lakh.
59. 12 lakh is the population of the area
60. The number of males in the areas S1 and S4 together is
(a) 13.8 lakh
(b) 8.2 lakh
(c) 16.2 lakh
(d) 15.8 lakh
61. The ratio of number of females in the. area S2 to that in the area S5 is
(a) 7 : 9
(b) 36 :13
62. The value of x when 5% of √2x is 0.01 will be
63. A and B can separately do a piece of work in 20 and 15 days, respectively.They worked together for 6 days after which B was replaced by C. The work as finished in next 4 days. The number of days in which C alone could do the work is
64. A container has 80 L of milk. From this container 8 L of milk was taken out and replaced by water. The process was further repeated twice. The volume of milk in the container after that is
(a) 58.23 L
(b) 85.23 L
(c) 58.32 L
(d) 85.32 L
65. The average of the runs made by Raju, Shyam and Hari is 7 less than that made by Shyam, Hari and Kishore. If the number of Kishore’s run is 35, what is Raju’s run?
66. A starts business with Rs 7000 and after 5 months, B joined as a partner. After a year the profit is divided in the ratios 2 :3. The capital of B is
(a) Rs 10000
(b) Rs 6500
(c) Rs 18000
(d) Rs 9000
67. A man buys one table and one chair for Rs 500. He sells the table at a loss of 10% and the chair at a gain of 10%. He still gains Rs 10 on the whole. The cost price of the chair is
(a) Rs 300
(b) Rs 350
(c) Rs 200
(d) Rs 250
68. A person travels 285 km in 6 h. In the first part of the journey, he travels at 40 km/h by bus. In the second part, he travels at 55 km/h by train. The distance travelled by train is
(a) 165 km
(b) 615 km
(c) 561 km
(d) 156 km
69. A merchant marks his goods 40% above the cost price and sells them at a discount of 15%. Find his gain per cent.
70. A discount of 16% on the marked price of a book enables a man to buy a pen that costs Rs 80. How much did he pay for the book?
(a) Rs 500
(b) Rs 480
(c) Rs 420
(d) Rs 340
71. If x% of a is the same as y% of b, then z% of b will be
(a)yz/x % of a
(b)zx/y % of a
(c)xy/z % of a
(d)y/z % of a
72. The value of a machine depreciates by 5% every year. If its present value is Rs 200000, its value after 2 yr will be
(a) Rs 180500
(b) Rs 199000
(c) Rs 180000
(d) Rs 210000
73. The speed of a boat along the stream is 12 km/h and against the stream is 8 km/h. The time taken by the boat to sail 24 km in still water is
(c) 2.4 h
(d) 1.2 h
74. Which sum of money at compound interest will amount to Rs 650 at the end of 1st year and Rs 676 at the end of 2nd year?
(a) Rs 600
(b) Rs 620
(c) Rs 625
(d) Rs 630
75. The average of 7 consecutive numbers is 20. The largest of these numbers is
Part III Quantitative Aptitude
76. The basic characteristic of a capitalistic economy is
(a) full employment
(b) the private ownership of the means of production
(c) absence of monopoly
(d) large scale production in primary industries
77. Which one of the following taxes is not a direct tax?
(a) Gift tax
(b) Wealth tax
(c) Sales tax
(d) Estate duty
78. UNDP prepares
(a) Index Number of Price Level
(b) Physical Quality Index
(c) Human Development Index
(d) Standard of Living Index
79. Who was chosen unanimously as the President of India?
(a) Dr. S Radhakrishnan
(b) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(c) KR Narayanan
(d) Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
80. The Constitution of India was passed by the Constituent Assembly on
(a) 17th October, 1949
(b) 14th November, 1949
(c) 26th November, 1949
(d) 26th January, 1949
81. The power to decide an election petition is vested in the
(b) Supreme Court
(c) High Court
(d) Election Commission
82. The 1857 Mutiny failed mainly because
(a) the British got French support
(b) the British numbered more
(c) of lack of planning and leadership
(d) it was premature
83. Who among the following made the Ganapati festival very popular in Maharashtra?
(a) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(b) Annie Besant
(c) Mahadev Ranade
(d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
84. Diarchy in the provinces was introduced through the
(a) Indian Councils Act, 1861
(b) Indian Councils Act, 1892
(c) Government of India Act, 1919
(d) Government of India Act, 1935
85. Which of the following is the world’s largest desert?
(c) The Great Australian Desert
(d) Arabian Desert
86. The rate of erosion in a stream is lowest where
(a) breadth is greater
(b) velocity is more
(c) the river joins the sea
(d) depth is greater
87. The name ‘Sahyadri’ is related to
(a) Western Ghats
(b) Cyclone Hazards
(c) A rain bearing wind
(d) Himalayan Peak
88. Tides in the sea have stored in them
(a) hydraulic energy
(b) kinetic energy
(c) gravitational potential energy
(d) a combination of all the three forms of energy
89. Thyroxine hormone is secreted by
(a) pituitary gland
(b) thyroid gland
(c) adrenal gland
90. The digestive juice which has no enzyme is
(c) intestinal juice
(d) gastrio juice
91. Plants that grow on stones and rocks are
92. Tactile hair is found in the body Of
93. Which one of the following materials is used as controller in a nuclear reactor power generator?
(d) Heavy water
94. A floppy disk is
(a) a semi-conductor random access memory
(b) an EPROM
(c) used as the primary memory in computer systems
(d) made up of magnetic material
95. MDI stands for
(a) Multiple Document Interface
(b) Multiple Design Interface
(c) Multiple Design Interaction
(d) Multiple Document Interaction
96. What happens when bleaching powder is left exposed to air?
(a) It turns dark brown in colour
(b) It turns yellow in colour
(c) It gradually loses its oxygen
(d) It gradually loses its chlorine
97. Arsenic pollution leads to
(a) White foot disease
(b) Black foot disease
98. Permissible noise level at industrial area during daytime is
(a) 40 dB (A)
(b) 75 dB (A)
(c) 120 dB (A)
(d) 140 dB (A)
99. The Pulitzer Prize is associated with which of the following?
(a) Environmental Protection
(b) Civil Aviation
(d) Olympic Games
100. Which of the following Indian films was conferred the Best Film award at the first BRICS Film Festival which concluded recently?
(a) Mohenjo Daro
(b) Udta Punjab
Leave a Reply