NEET AIPMT Chemistry Chapter Wise Solutions – Hydrogen
1. Which of the following statements about hydrogen is incorrect? (NEET-1 2016)
(a) Hydronium ion, H30+ exists freely in solution.
(b) Dihydrogen does not act as a reducing agent.
(c) Hydrogen has three isotopes of which tritium is the most common.
(d) Hydrogen never acts as cation in ionic salts.
2. Some statements about heavy water are given below:
(i) Heavy water is used as a moderator in nuclear reactors.
(ii) Heavy water is more associated than ordinary water.
(iii) Heavy water is more effective solvent than ordinary water.
Which of the above statements are correct? : (Mains 2010)
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (i) and (iii)
3. The structure of H202 is (2003)
4. Which one of the following pairs of substances on reaction will not evolve H2 gas? (1998)
(a) Copper and HCl (aqueous)
(b) Iron and steam
(c) Iron and H2S04 (aqueous)
(d) Sodium and ethyl alcohol
5. The volume strength of 1.5 N H202 solution is (1997,1996)
6. The O – O – H bond angle in H202 is (1994)
7. Which of the following groups of ions makes the water hard? (1994)
(a) Sodium and bicarbonate
(b) Magnesium and chloride
(c) Potassium and sulphate
(d) Ammonium and chloride.
8. One would expect proton to have very large (1993)
(b) ionization potential
(c) hydration energy
9. At its melting point ice is lighter than water because (1992)
(a) H20 molecules are more closely packed in solid state
(b) ice crystals have hollow hexagonal arrangement of H20 molecules.
(c) on melting of ice the H20 molecules shrinks in size
(d) ice forms mostly heavy water on first melting.
10. Hydrogen peroxide molecules are (1991)
(a) mono atomic and form X2-2 ions
(b) diatomic and form X– ions
(c) diatomic and form X2– ions
(d) mono atomic and form X– ions.
11. The ionization of hydrogen atom would give rise to (1990)
(a) hydride ion
(b) hydronium ion
(d) hydroxyl ion.
12. Which of the following metal evolves hydrogen on reacting with cold dilute HN03? (1989)
13. Which of the following is the true structure of H2O2?
14. The reaction of H202 with H2S is an example of ____reaction. (1988)