NIOS Registration 2019: National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has released the NIOS Online Admission Form for the academic year 2019-20. Candidates who were interested and willing to seek admission in class 10th and 12th can apply through online mode on or before the last date. Candidates seeking admission through Stream-1 in Block I and Block II can appear for Public Exam conducted by NIOS twice in a year i.e. April /May and October/November. Check the National Scholarship Portal here
This stream for online Admission is open for new Learners for April 2020 Examination (Last Dates for October 2020 is given below) as per the laid down eligibility criteria for Secondary & Sr. Secondary Levels. These Learners will now be eligible to appear in Public Examination first time in April 2020.
NIOS Registration 2019
NIOS provides the facility to the student to choose the language of their choice as a medium of instruction from the available choices. NIOS aims to reach the unreached. The learner should choose his/her subjects carefully keeping in view his/her plans for higher studies, specific jobs, and requirements of the concerned Board, etc.
Check the below table for important dates of examination with fees for Block 2 NIOS Admission
|Dates of Online Admission Stream-1||Fee|
|16 Sep 2019 to 31 Jan 2020||Normal Fee|
|1 to 15 Feb 2020||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16 to 28 Feb 2020||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1 to 15 March 2020||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
Application Form: Click Here to apply for NIOS 2019 Stream 1 Block 2.
How to Apply for NIOS 2019 Stream 1 Block 2
Application form for NIOS 2019 Stream 1 Block 2 is available online. The direct link to the application form is given below. Follow the given Steps to fill the application form:
- Step – 1: Click on the link given below to open the Application form Page.
- Step – 2: Read all the instructions carefully and then click on the “Register” button.
- Step – 3: Select the State/UT to which the student belongs.
- Step – 4: Select the Identity type through which the student intends to validate his/her identity.
- Step – 5: Type the Identity Document Number. This number will be validated. The student will also need to upload the scanned color copy of the selected original Identity Document.
- Step – 6: Select the Course (Secondary or Senior Secondary) for which the student intends to take admission.
- Step – 7: The Aadhaar number provided by you along with Name and Gender will be validated from the Aadhaar Issuing Authority. If any information given in the Registration process does not match with Aadhaar Card then the Authentication Process will fail and the learner will not be allowed to continue to fill in the Admission Form.
- Step – 8: After successful Authentication of the data, the learner will be redirected to the Admission Form starting with the Basic details.
- Step – 9: Fill in the Name of the Applicant seeking NIOS admission, Father’s Name, and Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Aadhaar Number or any valid govt. identity no., a valid Mobile Number, and a valid email address.
- Step – 10: Click on the Generate OTP button to get One Time Password (OTP) on the Mobile Number and email address for authenticating both modes of communication.
- Step – 11: In the next section, fill in the optional details like Family Income, Qualification of Father and Mother etc.
- Step – 12: Select the subjects studied for the Board Examination. For every selected subject, specify the marks obtained in Theory and Practical exams.
- Step – 13: In the next section, select the Study Centre. The student can select a maximum of 3 preferences.
- Step – 14: Review the application and make the necessary modifications.
- Step – 15: Make Payment.
- Step – 16: Application Form Filling process is completed.
- Recent Passport size color Photograph.
- Signature of learner (preferably in Black Ink).
NIOS Registration – List of Documents Required to fill the Application Form
Given below is the list of documents required for filling the online application form of NIOS 2019 Stream 1 Block 2:
- Valid identity proof (like Aadhaar Card or Passport or Ration card or etc.)
- Valid proof of Date of Birth (like Aadhaar Card with the date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yyyy format, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- A valid proof of Residence (like Aadhaar Card with complete address printed on it, valid Passport, etc.).
- Address proof i.e. Aadhaar Card/Water Bill/Electricity Bill/Voter ID/Ration Card/Indian Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – a copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement
- Class 8th marksheet (in case of secondary course) or class 10th marksheet (in case of senior secondary course)
- Social category/Caste certificate (in case the learner belongs to SC/ST/OBC social category).o Ex-serviceman certificate (in case he/she is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability certificate (in case he/she is having any kind of disability)
NIOS Registration Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 14 years as on 31st January 2019 (born on or before 31/01/2005)
- A learner who has passed class VIII and has a valid proof of attaining 14 years of age can apply for registration to the Secondary Course.
- A learner giving a self-certificate “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” is also eligible for admission to the Secondary Course.
- A learner who had studied at the secondary level can also seek admission in NIOS either to complete his course or to improve his performance.
- The minimum age to take admission in the Senior Secondary Course is 15 years as on 31st January 2019 (born on or before 31/01/2004)
- In order to take admission in the Senior Secondary course, the learner must have passed the Secondary course from a recognized Board.
National Institute of Open Schooling is a government initiative to provide education to students who can’t reach to school due to various reasons. NIOS provides study material in the form of written notes, audios and videos which make students erudition through self-study. NIOS provides the learner with the option to choose any subject combination from the list of subjects offered.
Leave a Reply