NEET AIPMT Chemistry Chapter Wise Solutions – Polymers
1. Which one of the following structures represents nylon 6, 6 polymer? (NEET-II 2016)
2. Natural rubber has (NEET-1 2016)
(a) alternate cis- and trans-configuration
(b) random cis- and trans-configuration
(c) all cis-configuration
(d) all trans-configuration
3. Caprolactam is used for the manufacture of (2015)
(c) nylon 6,6
(d) nylon 6.
4. Biodegradable polymer which can be produced from glycine and aminocaproic acid is (2015, Cancelled)
(b) nylon 6,6
(c) nylon 2-nylon 6
5. Which one of the following is an example of thermosetting polymer? (2014)
6. Which of the following organic compounds polymerizes to form the polyester dacron? (2014)
(a) Propylene and para HO—(C6H4)—OH
(b) Benzoic acid and ethanol
(c) Terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol
(d) Benzoic acid and para HO—(C6H4)—OH
7. Nylon is an example of (NEET 2013)
8. Which is the monomer of neoprene in the following? (NEET 2013)
9. Which one of the following is not a condensation polymer? (2012)
10. Which of the following statements is false? (2012)
(a) Artificial silk is derived from cellulose.
(b) Nylon-6,6 is an example of elastomer.
(c) The repeat unit in natural rubber is isoprene.
(d) Both starch and cellulose are polymers of glucose.
11. Which one of the following sets forms the biodegradable polymer? (Mains 2012)
12. Of the following which one is classified as polyester polymer? (2011)
13. Which of the following structures represents neoprene polymer? (2010)
14. Structures of some common polymers are given. Which one is not correctly presented? (2009)
15. Which one of the following statements is not true? (2008)
(a) Buna-S is a copolymer of butadiene and styrene.
(b) Natural rubber is a 1,4-polymer of isoprene.
(c) In vulcanization, the formation of sulphur bridges between different chains make rubber harder and stronger.
(d) Natural rubber has the trans-configuration at every double bond.
16. Which one of the following polymers is prepared by condensation polymerisation? (2007)
(b) Natural rubber
18. The monomer of the polymer (2005)
19. Which one of the following is a chain growth polymer? (2004)
(b) Nucleic acid
20. Acrilan is a hard, homy and a high melting material. Which one of the following represents its structure? (2003)
21. Which one of the following monomers gives the polymer neoprene on polymerization? (2003)
22. Monomer of
23. Cellulose is polymer of (2002)
24. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
25. CF2 = CF2 is monomer of (2000)
26. Which compound forms linear polymer due to H-bond? (2000)
27. Natural rubber is a polymer of (1999)
28. Terylene is a condensation polymer of ethylene glycol and (1999)
(a) salicylic acid
(b) phthalic acid
(c) benzoic acid
(d) terephthalic acid.
29. Which one of the following is used to make ‘non-stick’ cookware? (1997)
(a) Poly-ethylene terephthalate
30. The bakelite is prepared by the reaction between (1995)
(a) phenol and formaldehyde
(b) tetramethylene glycol
(c) urea and formaldehyde
(d) ethylene glycol.