NEET AIPMT Chemistry Chapter Wise Solutions – Environmental Chemistry
1. Which of the following is a sink for CO? (NEET 2017)
(a) Microorganisms present in the soil
2. Which one of the following is not a common component of Photochemical smog? (2014)
(c) Peroxyacetyl nitrate
3. Which one of the following statements is not true? (Karnataka NEET 2013)
(a) Clean water would have a BOD value of 5 ppm.
(b) Fluoride deficiency in drinking water is harmful. Soluble fluoride is often used to bring its concentration upto 1 ppm.
(c) When the pH of rain water is higher than 6.5, it is called acid rain.
(d) Dissolved Oxygen (DO) in cold water can reach a concentration upto 10 ppm.
4. Which one of the following statements regarding photochemical smog is not correct? (2012)
(a) Carbon monoxide does not play any role in photochemical smog formation.
(b) Photochemical smog is an oxidising agent in character.
(c) Photochemical smog is formed through photochemical reaction involving solar energy.
(d) Photochemical smog does not cause irritation in eyes and throat.
5. Which one of the following statement is not true? (2011)
(a) pH of drinking water should be between 5.5-9.5
(b) Concentration of DO below 6 ppm is good for the growth of fish.
(c) Clean water would have a BOD value of less than 5 ppm.
(d) Oxides of sulphur, nitrogen and carbon, are the most widespread air pollutant.
6. Green chemistry means such reactions which (2008)
(a) are related to the depletion of ozone layer
(b) study the reactions in plants
(c) produce colour during reactions
(d) reduce the use and production of hazardous chemical
7. Which one of the following is responsible for depletion of the ozone layer in the upper strata of the atmosphere?