SSC Reasoning Topic Wise Previous Year Solved Papers – Time Sequence, Number and Ranking Test
SSC Reasoning Previous Year Question Papers Mathematics English General Awareness
1. In a row of boys, Srinath is 7th from the left and Venkat is 12th from the right. If they interchange their positions, Srinath becomes 22nd from the left. How many boys are 10 there in the row ? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2010)
2. If the day before yesterday was Sunday, what day will it be three days after the day after tomorrow ?
(SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2010)
3. If the day after tomorrow is Sunday, what day was tomorrow’s day before yesterday?
(SSC CGL 2nd Sit. 2010)
4. Suresh is 7 ranks ahead of Ashok in the class of 39 students.
If Ashok’s rank is 17th from the last, what is Suresh’s rank from the start ? (SSC CGL 2nd Sit. 2010)
5. After 9’0 clock at what time between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. will the hour and minute hands, of a clock point in opposite direction? (SSC CGL 2nd Sit 2010)
(a) 15 min. past 9
(b) 16 min. past 9
(c) 16 min. past 9
(d) 17 min. past 9
6. In a row of girls, Kamala is 9th from the left and Veena is 16th from the right. If they interchange their positions, Kamla becomes 25th from the left. How many girls are there in the row? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2011)
7. Suresh was born on 4th October 1999. Shashikanth was born 6 days before Suresh. The Independence Day of that year fell on Sunday. Which day was Shashikanth born?
(SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2011)
8. In a row of trees, a tree is 7th from left end and 14th from the right end. How many trees are there in the row?
(SSC CGL 2nd Sit. 2011)
9. If John celebrated his victory day on Tuesday, 5th January 1965, when will he celebrate his next victory day on the same day? (SSC CGL 2nd Sit. 2011)
(a) 5th January 1970
(b) 5th January 1971
(c) 5th January 1973
(d) 5th January 1974
10. Sita is elder than Swapna. Lavanya is elder than Swapna but younger than Sita. Suvarna is younger than both Hari and Swapna, Swapna is elder than Hari. Who is the youngest ?
(SSC CGL 2nd Sit. 2011)
11. In the alphabetical order A, B,C, D,…. Z, which letter is 11* to the left of the letter which is 4th to the right of T?
(SSC Sub. Ins. 2012)
12. Among 5 boys, Vasant is taller than Manohar, but not as tall as Raju. Jayant is taller than Dutta but shorter than Manohar.
Who is the tallest in the group? (SSC CHSL 2012)
13. How many 9’s are followed by and preceeded by numbers divisible by 2? (SSC CGL 2nd Sit 2012)
8 9 6 5 3 5 9 6 8 3 4 9 6 5 2 6 9 7 3 7 2 9 4 1 3 7 9 4 1 7 3 4 9 8 4 5 3 9 7 6 1 5 3 1 9 5 7 4 2 9 6 8 5 3 2 9 5 7 4 8 9 4 5 1
14. In the following list ofEnglish alphabets, one alphabet has not been used. Identify the same.(SSC CGL 2nd Sit. 2012)
X N F A P S R W L T M D E X M G B
C X Q J L O P V R C Q J Z O H S G
O D I P T S M R A B E F Q N U N E
15. In a row at a bus stop, ‘A’ is 7th from the left and ‘B’ is 9th from the right. They both interchange their positions. Now A becomes 11th from the left How many people are there in the row? (SSC Sub. Ins. 2013)
16. If the 5 date of a month is Tuesday, what date will be 3 days after the 3rd Friday in the month? (SSC CHSL 2013)
17. Sohan ranks seventh from the top and twenty-sixth from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class ? (SSC CHSL 2013)
18. Roshan is taller than Hardik who is shorter than Susheel. Niza is taller than Harry but shorter than Hardik. Susheel is shorter than Roshan. Who is the tallest ?
(SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2013)
19. G is fatter than H but not as fat as M. Q is also not as fat as M. Who is the most lean person in the group?
(SSC CGL 2nd Sit. 2013)
20. Priti scored more than Rahul. Yamuna scored as much as Divya. Lokita scored less than Manju. Rahul scored more than Yamuna. Manju scored less than Divya. Who scored the lowest? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2013)
21. If the day to day-after-tomorrow is Sunday, which day was day-before-yesterday? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2013)
22. The digits are given as below:
If the position of the first and the third digits of each of the numbers are interchanged, which of the following will be the sum of the first and the second digits ofthe third highest number? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2013)
23. Veni is an year older than Smith. Smith is two years older than Salim. Raju is an year older than Salim. Who is the youngest of all ? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2013)
24. In a line, Naresh is 17th from the left & 22nd from the right. How many students are there in the line ?
25. In a class of 45, Neha’s rank is 15th from first, what is her rank from the last ? (SSCCHSL 2015)
26. IfRamya’s rank is 22nd out of 46 students. What is her rank from the last? (SSC CHSL 2015)
27. In a row of men, Manoj is 30th from the right and Kiran is 20th from the left. When they interchange their position, Manoj
becomes 35th from the right. What is the total number of men in the row? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2015)
28. Kathir is senior of Ganesh. Ganesh is senior of Apparu.
Apparu is junior of Raju. Raju is junior of Ganesh. Who is the most senior? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2016)
29. In a row of students, if John, who is 16th from the left, and Johnson, who is 8th from the right, interchange their positions, John becomes 33rd from left. How many students are there in a row? (SSC CGL 1st Sit. 2016)
30. X is elder than Z, Y is younger than Z, Z is elder than W. W is younger than X, who is the eldest ?
(SSC Stenographer 2016)
31. In a class the students are standing in a row. A student is 11th from the right end and 9th from the left end. How many students are standing in that row? (SSC Stenographer 2016)
32. A is elder to B while C and D are elder to E, who lies between A and C. If C is elder to B, who is the youngest?
(SSC Sub. Ins. 2016)
33. There are 45 trees in a row. The lemon tree is 20th from right end. What is the rank of lemon tree from left end?
(SSC CGL 2017)
34. Priyank ranks 6th from the bottom and 28th from the top in a class. How many students are there in the class?
(SSC Sub. Ins. 2017)
35. In a row of people Manu is 7th from bottom end of row. Shrey is 10 ranks above Manu. If shrey is 8th from top, then how many people are there in this row? (SSC Sub. Ins. 2017)
36. In a class, there are 40 students. Some of them passed the examination and others failed. Raman’s rank among the student who have passed is 13th from top and 17th from bottom. How many students have failed?(SSC Steno. 2017)
(d) Cannot be determined
Hints & Solutions
Leave a Reply