Campus Recruitment – Placement Paper – 3
The bar graph given below shows the foreign exchange reserves of a country (in million US $) from 1991-92 to 1998-99.
1) The foreign exchange reserves in 1997-98 were how many times that in 1994-95?
a) 1.5 b) 2 c) 3.5 d) 2.6 e) 4.2
2) What was the percentage increase in foreign exchange reserves in 1997-98 over 1993-94?
a) 80% b) 90% c) 100% d) 110% e) 125%
3) The foreign exchange reserves in 1996-97 were approximately what percent of the average foreign exchange reserves over the period under review?
a) 80% b) 100% c) 125% d) 130% e) 150%
4) The ratio of the number of years, in which the foreign exchange reserves are above the average reserves, to those of the reserves which are below the average is?
a) 3 : 5 b) 2 :3 c) 4 : 7 d) 3 : 7 e) None
5) There are five different tea cups and three different tea saucers in a Tea Party. How many ways are there to buy a cup and a saucer?
a) 5! b) 3! c) (5+3)! d) 5!/3! e) 5×3
6) Calculate the number of different words that can be obtained by rearranging the letters of the word TRUST.
7) Two cards are drawn at random from an ordinary pack of 52 cards. Find the probability that both are Spades.
8) The value of (256)^5/4 is
a) 984 b) 512 c) 1014 d) 1024 e) 524
9) The average weight of three boys P, T and R is 54 1/4 kg. While the average weight of three boys T, F and G is 53 kg. Then what is the average weight of P, T, R, F and G?
a) 53.8 kg b) 52.4 kg c) 53.2 kg
d) Can’t be determined e) None
10) In 20 minutes, what is the difference between the angles made by long hand and the short hand of a standard clock. (Asked in Infotech)
a) 120° b) 90° c) 110° d) 130° e) 100°
11) 2/3 : 5/6::8/7: x Find the value of x ?
a)17/4 b)10/7 c)5/3 d)13/14 e)15/14
12) ‘A’ grazes 20 sheep for 6 weeks. ‘B’ grazes 30 sheep for 8 weeks in a field. How should they divide a rent for Rs.60?
a) 1:2 b) 3:4 c)2:1 d) Rs. 40 : 20 e) Rs. 20 : 40
13) Find the area of a rhombus, one side of which measure 20 an and one diagonal 24 cm.
a) 384 sq cm b) 364 sq cm c) 374 sq cm
d) 382 sq cm e) 378 sq cm
Directions (14 to 15): Read the following question and the conclusions that follow and answer as
a: If statement-1 alone is sufficient, but statement-2 alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
b: If statement-2 alone is sufficient, but statement-1 alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
c: Both statement-1 and 2 together are sufficient to answer the question, but neither of the statement alone is sufficient to answer the question.
d: If both statements alone are sufficient to answer the question.
e: If statement-1 and 2 together are not sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specifics to the problem are needed.
14) Is the triangle below an equilateral?
Statement-1: x = y, Statement-2: z = 50;
15) What is the value of x?
Statement-1: 6 < 2x < 10; Statement-2: x² =16
16) A train crossed a platform in 25 seconds. The length of platform is 240 meters. What is the length of the train?
c) 180 m
d)can’t be determined
e) None of these
17)Kiran can do (1/3)rd of work in 6 days. In how many days he can do rest of the work?
18) The cost price of the 50 oranges is Rs.550. Five oranges are got spoiled. If the remaining oranges are sold for Rs. 12 each, find profit or loss percent?
a) 25% loss b) 9.09% profit c) 20% profit
d) 32.5% profit e) None of these
19) A sum of money fetches Rs.240 as simple interest at the rate of 5 p.c.p.a after 6 years what is the principal?
a) Rs.200 b) Rs.400 c) Rs.800
d) Rs.1200 e) None of these
20) Dheeraj invested amount of Rs.50,000 in a fixed deposit for 2 years at compound interest rate of 20% per annum. How much Dheeraj will get on by maturity of the fixed deposit?
a) Rs. 70,000 b) Rs. 72,000 c) Rs. 12,000
d) Rs. 22,000 e) None of these
21) ³√15625= ?²
a) 25 b) 125 c) 5 d) √5 e)None
22) The greatest possible length which can be used to measure exactly the lengths 7 m, 3 m 85 cm and 12 m 95 cm is; (Asked in Syntel)
a) 15 cm b) 25 cm c) 35 cm d) 42 cm e) None
23) A person marks his goods 20% higher than the cost price and allows a discount of 5%. The percentage of his profit is:
a) 15% b) 120% c) 5% d) 14% e) 10%
24) 137% of 12345 =?
a) 17000 b) 15000 c) 1500 d) 14300 e) 900
25) In the figure below, the length of DE ,EF and FG are given in units. What is the area in square units of ΔDEG?
a) 29 b) 47.5 c) 78 d) 6√149 e) 120
26) Find the number which will replace the blank by following the same pattern as in the series. 56,132, 240, 380,__
a) 430 b) 530 c) 630 d) 552 e) 662
27) In the following letter series, some letters are missing which are given in that order as one of the alternative below it. Choose the correct alternative.
a) bacaabba b) bbaacaaa c) bbaabbcc d) cccabbac e) Cannot be determined
28) In a certain code language ‘SAHITHYA’ is coded as 20-2-9-10-21-9-26-2 and ‘FOCUS’ is coded as 7-16-4-22-20 then what will be the code for ‘JEANS’?
a)10-5-2-15-20 b) 11-6-1-15-20 c)11-6-2-15-20 d) 12-5-2-17-19 e) 11-6-2-14-19
29) A man is going to his office in the east direction by walk. After walking some distance he turned 90° in the clock-wise, then 180° to his left hand side. From there he turned 90° in the clock-wise direction, then he turned 100° in the clock-wise direction, finally he turned 35° in the same direction. Finally in which direction he is now?
a) South-West b) North-West c) South-East d) North-East e) None of these
30) In a certain language ‘CENTURY’ is written as ‘NECTYRU’ then how ‘DIVISIBLE’ coded?
a) EVIJSELBI b) IVDISIBEL c) SIVIDELBI
d) IVIDSELBI e) IDIVSBIEL (Asked in Polaris)
31) Ashwini is Kavya’s sister. Dheeksha is Kavya’s mother. Granthik is Dheeksha’s father. UmaRani is Granthik’s mother. Then how is Ashwini related to Granthik?
a) Grandmother b) Grandfather c) Daughter d) Granddaughter e) Cannot be determined
32) If Akshaya says Smrithika’s father Prathik is the only son of my father-in-law Gowrav, then how is Manusri, who is the sister of Smrithika is related to Gowrav?
a) Niece b) Daughter c) Wife
d) Daughter-in-law e) None of these
33) Statements: All televisions are dogs
No dog is black
Conclusions: I. No black is television
II. No television is black
III. Some blacks are televisions
IV. All dogs are televisions
a) Only (I) & (IV) follows
b) None follows
c) Only (IV) follows
d) Only (II)&(IV) follows
e) None of these
34) Statements: Some pillows are snakes
All pillows are glasses
All snakes are books
Conclusions: I. Some books are pillows
II. Some glasses are snakes
III. Some books are glasses
IV. Some snakes are pillows
a) Only (TV) follows
b) All conclusions follow
c) None of the conclusions follow
d) Either (I) or (III) follows
e) None of the above (Asked in Capgemini)
35) Statements: Some pouches are belts
No belt is tie.
Conclusions: I. No pouch is tie
II. No belt is pouch
III. Some pouches are ties
IV. Some belts are pouches
a) Only (I) and (III) follow
b) None follow
c) Only (I), (II) and (III) follow
d) Only (IV) follow
e) All follow
Directions (Q.no: 36-37):
If + means x, ÷ means +, x means-, and – means ÷.
36) 36+ 2 x 24- 6 ÷ 7 + 3
a) 89 b) 99 c) 79 d) 69 e) 87
37) 78 + 36-6÷4 x 3 + 4
a) 450 b) 520 c) 460 d) 620 e) 550
Directions (38-41): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow.
Six friends named Alekhya, Sindhu, Swetha, Teja, Harsha, Pallavi are studying class-X in a school. They are sitting in a bench facing the north but not in the same order.
I. Harsha sits second to the right of Swetha.
II. Sindhu and Pallavi are not neighbors.
III. Alekhya is immediate neighbor of both Pallavi and Swetha.
IV. The person who sits at the left end of the bench is exactly immediate left of Pallavi.
V. Pallavi is 3rd left of Sindhu.
38) Who sits at the right end of the bench?
a) Alekhya b) Teja c) Harsha
d) Pallavi e) Sindhu
39) Who are the neighbors of Sindhu?
a) Swetha and Harsha b) Pallavi and Teja
c) Swetha and Pallavi d) Alekhya and Pallavi
e) None of these
40) Who sits 3rd left of Harsha?
a) Pallavi b) Teja c) Sindhu
d) Alekhya e) Swetha
41) Which of the given statements is/are superfluous?
a) (I) b) (II) c) (III) d) (V) e) (IV)
42) Find the figure from the answer set (i.e. Figures a, b, c, d and e) which will continue the series given in the problem figure set (i.e. Figures P, Q, R, S, V).
43) Find the odd figure from the given figures.
a) A b) C c) D d) B e) E
44) Observe the below figure carefully and choose the correct option, which fills the blank place of the figure.
45) Two positions of a cube are shown below. When dot-2 is at the top then which dot will be at the bottom.
a) dot-5 b) dot-3 c) dot—4 d) dot-1 e) dot-6
Directions (Q.no:46-47): Each question given below has a problem and two statements numbered (I) and (II) giving certain information. You have to decide if the information given in the statement is sufficient for answering the problem. Indicate your answer as
a: If the data in statement-I alone is sufficient to answer the question;
b: If the data in statement-II alone is sufficient to answer the question;
c: If the data either in statement-I or (II) alone is sufficient to answer the question;
d: If the data even in both the statements together are not sufficient to answer the question;
e: If the data in both the statements together are needed to answer the question;
46) In which month my friend Kama got married in the year 2013?
I. My friend got married in summer season.
II. The month in which my friend got married has 31 days.
47) How much Mr. Srikanth saves per month from his income?
I. He spends a total of Rs.20,000/- of his income for food and for all home needs.
II. He will get Rs.30,000/- as his salary and Rs. 15,000/-on his side business per month.
48) Sudha and Spoorthi are best friends. Spoorthi’s birthday comes for every four years. Sudha and Spoorthi were bom in the same year. If Sudha celebrates her birthday after 15 days of Spoorthi’s birthday, find the day of the date when Sudha born? (Spoorthi born in the year 1996).
a) Tuesday b) Wednesday c) Thursday
d) Friday e) Cannot be determined
49) In a class of 34 students, 12 play Carroms, 18 play chess and 4 play both the games. How many students did not participate in any of these games?
a) No one b) 4 c) 2 d) 8 e) Only 3
50) Choose the number which is different from others in the following five.
a) 255 b) 256 c) 625 d) 2401 e) 1296
51) How many special symbols are there followed by an even number and not preceded by a letter in the following series?
A 5 @ 1 B 6 7 $ 1 2 4 L & 9 0 4 © 2 X # 6 9 3 ! 6
a) Four b) Six c) Five d) Three e) None
52) Which of the following diagram represents the relationship of ‘Polythene, Carbon and Oxygen ?
Directions (53-54): In the following two questions there are two statements 1 and 2. These statements may be either independent cause or may be an effect of independent cause or a common cause. One of these statements may be the cause of the other statement. Read both the statement and decide which of the following answer choice correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements. Give youranswer as
a: If statement-1 is the cause and statement-2 is it’s effect.
b: If statement-2 is the cause and statement-1 is it’s effect.
c: If both the statements-1 and 2 are independent causes.
d: If both statements-1, 2 are effects of independent cause.
e: If both the statements-1 & 2 are effects of common cause.
53) Statement-1: The police had cordoned off entire area of LB Nagar in the Hyderabad for three hours yesterday.
Statement-2: The prime minister visited the hospital in LB nagar for the opening.
54) Statement-1: Team India did not practice well in the South Africa tour held in the last month.
Statement-2: South Africa won the series on India in the tournament held in South Africa last month.
55) Find the missing character in the following question?
In the following close passage, there are blanks which have been numbered. Below the passage, ; against these numbers, a choice of four answer choices are marked 1, 2, 3, 4 and one of them fits the blank appropriately. Choose the correct answer.
Only private universities have the potential to be truly | world class institutions and programmes of national (56) . But these institutions have not been (57) or consistently supported. An academic culture that is based on competition for advancement and research funds is a necessary component, as is a (58) mix of autonomy for creative research and accountability to (59) productivity World class universities and world class professors are required to (60) students.
56) a) prominence b) level
c) standards d) prestige
57) a) abundantly b) financially
c) precisely d) adequately
58) a) fundamental b) judicious
c) relevance d) nominal
59) a) ensure b) enable
c) attain d) sustain
60) a) challenge b) stimulate
c) provoke d) promote
Choose the option from the answer choices that best describes the given sentence.
61) A person who is indifferent to both pleasure and pain
a) Saint b) Ascetic c) Stoic d) Hermit
62) Government by a single person¬a) Tyranny b) Autocracy
c) Plutocracy d) Aristocracy
63) Marrying more than one man –
a) Polygamy b) Monogamy
c) Polyandry d) Philanthropy
64) The one who is present everywhere-
a) Omnipotent b) Omniscient
c) Omnipresent d) Optimist
65) Assassination of a king-
a) Regicide b) Homicide
c) Fratricide d) Suicide
Find out the appropriate meaning for the ‘phrasal verbs’ in the sentences from the answer choices given below.
66) Some film stars get around paying taxes through their unscrupulous accountants.
a) try to avoid taxes
b) honestly pay taxes
c) try to influence the officials
d) try to bribe the officials
67) Most parents dress down their children for skipping classes.
a) do not buy new clothes b) buy cheap clothes c) reprimand d) punish
68) Many nations wish to do away with the death penalty.
a) strictly impose b) abolish c) enhance d) reduce
69) After a gap of fifteen years, my friend dropped in yesterday. (Asked in Wipro)
a) visited b) rang up c) reached d) landed
70) Everyone must get down to business without wasting time once they enter the office.
a) clear files b) sit in the chair
c) serve people d) get serious
Find out the appropriate synonym for the underlined word of the sentence from the answer choices.
71) Bookies contact vulnerable players with lucrative offers for spot fixing.
a) susceptible b) dishonest
c) honest d) distinguished
72) Supreme Court squashed frivolous rape case against Rahul Gandhi.
a) rigid b) violent c) frolicsome d) significant
73) After Kezrival’s sworn in as CM of Delhi, tainted politicians are gripped by panic,
a) chaste b) corrupt c) unsullied d) skilled
Fill in the blanks of the following sentences with the appropriate prepositions, from the answer choices.
74) She has been trying to talk to me, but I kept___ working without listening to her.
a) on b) at c) out d) up
75) I am looking ___ meeting you in the International Congress for Grammar at Coimbatore.
a) forward to b) up to c) out on d) for
76) The windows of my bed room look __the sea.
a) on b) on to c) out d) towards
77) Children have a natural inclination to look__ their parents, esp. mother.
a) for b) out to c) forward d) up to
78) ___ the campus of OU, many agitations taken birth.
a) at b) in c) on d) on
Of the following sentences of a paragraph, the first and the last sentences are numbered and the rest of the four are jumbled; find out the correct sequence of the sentences from the answer choices.
79) P) Engineers have a responsibility to be of service to society and environment.
A) Engineers also design and build chemical and fertilizer plants, mines, and power generating stations.
B) They design machines, vehicles, habitats, buildings, roads, bridges and infrastructure.
C) In all these roles, primary responsibility of the engineers is to create health and welfare.
D) They use their technical knowledge, skills, and training to add value to society.
E) But, the creation should happen without endangering the health and safety of the public,
a) BCDA b) CBDE . c) BADC d) DABC
80) The following FOUR sentences have been jumbled; find out the answer choice that gives correct sequence.
A. Ultimately, the degree of courage that you live with determines the amount of fulfillment you receive.
B. It allows you to truly realize all the exquisite wonders of the epic, that is your life.
C. And those who master themselves have an abundance of courage.
D. Courage allows you to run your own race..
a) DCBA b) ABCD c) ACBD d) DBCA
81) The following FIVE sentences have been jumbled; find out the answer choice that gives correct sequence. (Asked in Accenture)
A. Stop judging events either positive or negative.
B. Further celebrate them and learn from them.
C. Rather simply experience them.
D. These little lessons fuel your inner growth.
E. Every event offers you lessons.
a) ABCDE b) EABCD c) ED ABC d) AEDCB
Fill in the blanks with the suitable nouns from the options given below the sentences-
82) Young children are delighted to see a __of fish in the fresh waters of the river.
a) shoal b) group c) number of d) duster
83) A__ of bees swarmed around the most attractive rose flowers.
a) clutter b) hive c) flight d) drove
84) A__ of lions have attacked a pack of wolves.
a) pride b) band c) group d) gang
85) A___ of peacocks are found dancing in the Zoo.
a) bask b) galaxy c) drove d) muster
Leave a Reply